1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ed Reed: ‘I want them to test me’

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gfab-babyboi, Oct 23, 2013.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ed Reed hasn’t had his best season in 2013. But he’s not getting a whole lot of chances to really make his presence felt either.

Teams simply haven’t been throwing his way. On Tuesday, he was asked if that is a product of teams specifically not wanting to throw in his direction.

“Probably. I don’t know, man,” Reed said. “I don’t think none of them are gonna test me. I hope so. I’m looking forward to it. I want them to test me. That way I can really showcase the question marks that everybody’s putting up. But I’m a football player, regardless of the ball in air or on the ground. I have to make my plays and I will.”

According to ProFootballFocus, Reed has been targeted just three times in five games. Ninety-four safeties have been targeted more than Reed this season. By comparison, Yeremiah Bell has been thrown at 32 times through seven weeks to lead the league’s safeties.

It appears that even at 35-years-old, his reputation is scaring teams away from throwing deep on the Texans in the middle of the field. Reed is 10th in NFL history with 61 interceptions and is the all-time leader in interception return yards.

“Overall, I think Sunday (against the Chiefs) was probably my worst one since I’ve been here, though it wasn’t that bad,” Reed said on Tuesday. “I’m not getting the ball thrown my way. It tends to be, ‘Where’s Ed? Where’s Ed?’ Where is the ball going? I’m still focused. I’m still able to do the things that I know I can do, that I’ve been doing. It’s just a matter of getting opportunities and taking advantage of those opportunities. But at the same time, I can’t be lackadaisical. So when it’s time for me to make any play, whether it’s a tackle, fumble recovery, anything that it might be.”

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/ed-reed-%E2%80%98i-want-them-test-me%E2%80%99

2. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

less talking... more action Ed

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ed Reed. Tank commander.

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He's got a little too much confidence in his abilities. Has Matt Schaub been practicing?

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He's been tossing the ball with Reed which explains all of Reed's confidence.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No need to throw it towards Ed Reed when your team can march 99 yards down the field without...

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This.

8. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

What he's saying is true though. Don't even recall him being thrown at all year really. Most teams are killing the Texans with the short game. It's gonna be even worse with the poor MLB play.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We could have all-pro safeties back there... they'd still exploit our lack of quality LB play outside Cushing.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

opponent still target our CB and get pass interference

gettin tired of opponent marched down field even though they barely worked for it.

11. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the reason we have issues on 3rd down is.....Bryce McCain - plain and simple...almost every 3rd down conversion has been against him. I swear...rather its a WR, TE, or RB...he is always trailing and or falling behind them

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

but....but....but... the stats said he's one of the best playing nickel package

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Teams can and will complete passes against one-on-one coverage against most team's nickel CB.

Its the fact that Wade's scheme ALWAYS leaves the nickel corner on his own, and teams know to exploit that... and Wade has yet to adjust.

Also, they're not bringing much pressure on 3rd downs... or any down.

14. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I opened this thread thinking this was weed related:eek:

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They don't throw his way because they forget he's on the field. Figured he wanted to be tested to make sure he still has a pulse.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Test him for dementia?

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I'm ok with this statement. I absolutely hate his run support. It wasn't good before, but it's pure garbage now.

18. makman

makman Member

How about he tries making a tackle first, he has yet to make a single play besides being hurdled before going out and knocking a guy out of bounds after a 30+ completion.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

osteoporosis

20. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Ed Reed's agent is a ****ing con-artist, and the Texans front office is made up of r****ds. Have fun sucking for the next 100 years or so.