[EC First Round] Boston vs. Chicago

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 12, 2017.

?

(1)Boston vs. (8)Chicago

Poll closed Apr 15, 2017.
  1. Celtics in 4

9.8%
  2. Celtics in 5

31.7%
  3. Celtics in 6

43.9%
  4. Celtics in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bulls in 7

4.9%
  6. Bulls in 6

9.8%
  7. Bulls in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bulls in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Horford actually out rebounded Lopez 11 to 8. But you wouldn't have guessed it watching the game. Lopez just eats up space.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If I were to put my own money on this series I would still bet on the Celtics. They do have to win 4 out of 5 now though. I would not keep assuming that Rondo and old Wade will continue to play well.

Anyone up for a bet? I have a cool $100k??

3. Asian Sensation

Wade pretty much coasted through the regular season and still put up 18.3p / 4.5r / 3.8a per game. Plus he's notorious for always stepping up his game even more in the playoffs. Hence why he's one of the best SG's all time. Even last year when he was 34 he was still the best player in both series the Heat played which had younger stars like Kemba, Lowry and DeRozan. As good as Wade was today he's got an even bigger game in him in Chicago.

Rondo is the type of player that holds grudges and doesn't forget stuff. He'll do anything and everything to finish off the Celtics. I didn't realize how porous Boston's interior defense is. He'll continue to attack the paint and get layups or open shots for teammates. Oh and he's also playing for $10 million dollars. He's got 1 year left with 3M guaranteed for next season but it becomes13.3M if he's not waived before the end of June. Popular consensus was that it would've been easy to fire Hoiberg, trade Butler and waive Rondo after they flamed out in the first round. Doesn't look like that's gonna be the case.

Between Rondo and Wade they have 268 playoff games under their belt with 4 rings. Most of the Celtics have very little playoff experience (few seasons or less) with the exception of Horford who's used to first and 2nd round exits.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Boston should be embarrassed, especially Horford, IT and the coach. IT can be forgiven since he's dealing with a family loss, but the rest not so much..regular season doesn't mean crap in the East.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anyone see Marcus smart flip off someone in the Boston crowd?

Not sure if this team can come back. Has horford been a good signing for them?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I understand and agree with you with the reasons you have that they are playing well. I just don't think they will keep it up and that Boston will end up winning in a crazy game 7.

7. DMO (DJ remix)

I mean, they lost 1st in Boston, i don't think they're coming back from this. AT ALL.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Smart went Jack McDowell on his home crowd. I don't like the Celtics' chances either. They're becoming unraveled while the Bulls have experienced vets leading their team.

malakas and ramotadab like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Member

Who the hell saw this coming!

Apparently 85.4% of the members that voted DIDN'T.

Shows how much playoff seeding matters, if they'd been a 2 seed they may have had a better matchup against Indy's interior. They really don't have much outside of Myles Turner.

10. BackdoorHarden

Cavs were smart. They wanted #2 seeds so they didn't have to play Bulls

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Celtics were likely gonna struggle no matter who their opponent was. They may have beaten the Pacers, but they were not gonna win against the Wizards or Cavs(or possibly even the Bucks, Raptors, or Hawks) if these first 2 games are indicative of what kind of team they are.

12. buffalobills!!!

I only follow the Rockets and the top teams in the west. From a talent and experience perspective, this is not surprising. The Celtics are classic overachievers in a weak conference without a top star to rely on in the playoffs

13. J.R.

J.R. Contributing Member

At least he's "just" giving the bird instead of going after them. ;)

ramotadab likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, I think sometimes just depends though, especially on match ups.. Wade always steps up in playoffs, Rondo is actually playing w/ a grudge.. plus Butler, the Bulls definitely seem better than an 8th seed regardless of what their record shows. 95 Rockets definitely proved it's possible to win (but they're the only 6th in history, obviously you know that, just so surprising still).

It's just rare in a 7 game series, I mean 1-3 seeds usually make it, but aside from the tragic situation IT is going through Boston seems to forget that regular season doesn't prove playoff success, just ask Dallas about 07.

I definitely didn't see this coming though :) wish I gambled on this one.. But looking at odds Vegas and analysts were predicting the Celtics as one of the worst no. 1 seeds in history... - 440... To GSWs - 7000, Cavs - 2000, even Spurs - 1000 for their 1st round series... http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...urs-boston-celtics/1dxv4x6sed5y01o5mkp3yqovns

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think he will if/when they will get a star. And i think he's a big reason why they made a pretty good season.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It's hard for me to take the Celtics seriously because of Olynyk.

Dude looks like he stepped right out of Hot Tub Time Machine, all high and dry.

#196 Zboy, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Bulls and Celtics are my two most hated teams. Since they can't both lose, this is the next best thing that can happen so far.

Celtics getting humiliated as the 1st seed: Destroys their chances of attracting a star in FA. The boston media and arrogant fans shut their mouth.

Bulls win : GarPax don't get fired, Butler doesn't get traded, Wade and Rondo stay. Keep treadmilling with horrible managment and coaching.

18. malakas

malakas Member

@ 26:47

" On a scale of 1 to 10 how scared are you of the Bulls?"
    Bill Simmons : "1"
    "If the Bulls beat the Celtics feel free to run this clip for the rest of my life"

:D

FLASH21, CCity Zero and BigMaloe like this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

only because he is small

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member