1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Finals: Boston vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2017.

?

(1)Boston vs. (2)Cleveland

Poll closed May 17, 2017.
  1. Celtics in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Celtics in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Celtics in 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Celtics in 7

2.4%
  5. Cavs in 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

17.1%
  7. Cavs in 5

36.6%
  8. Cavs in 4

43.9%
  1. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Even if the Cavs lose today, they just have to make sure they win by game 6. Right now they forced to go to boston anyways. What they don't want is to be flying around too much without rest while the Warriors rest for 9 days at home.

2. BackdoorHarden

Yea, Thomas was hurt. And Thomas is horrible defensively and he needs the ball. Everyone stands and watch him score , while they have to cover his ass on offense.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It would serve the NBA right if the Celtics pulled off the upset and comeback of the century and ruined the Finals.

CantBeRight likes this.
  4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

and this is why you don't **** around. we're about 2 celtics 3's from game 6.

if lebron doesn't lazily come over on that jerebko drive earlier he doesn't get his 1st foul because he's in position. and then that horrible call on the smart 3 (did he touch him?) doesn't matter. but it did. and i've said for years lebron is terrible with foul trouble. a guy who averages a little over 1 foul per game suddenly has no idea how to play without fouling. but usually he just becomes super passive on offense and stays safe. now it's like he decided he wasn't going to be passive and just steamrolled brown for a foul, the likes of which he basically never commits. the refs probably should have made up for such a ridiculous foul on the smart 3 and not called it, but lebron basically begged them to.

cavs are playing regular season defense, no cohesion and no hustle. celtics getting any open shot they want. and the offense just looks awful with no one being able to shoot.

what was the moneyline in this game?

5. what

what Member

Something tells me, Gasta Silver has put in the word. Bron with 4 fouls. Come on man. I hate the nba. WWE

6. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

They have a real coach. His name is Lebron James.

Lue serves as his de-facto assistant head coach. Lebron would never tolerate a real head coach that tried to assert his authority. That's why he hated Blatt and got him fired. Blatt didn't realize that he was supposed to be Lebron's assistant coach.

#466 celebrevida, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  7. hooroo

hooroo Member

celtics might actually take this game. i put a cheeky ml bet on them but cashed out. when that happens those teams usually go on to win, lol.

8. francis 4 prez

i swear the next time kevin love makes a momentum 3 this season will be the first. cavs reeling but get it back to 10 and love gets a wide open 3 to keep the momentum going and he bricks it. may as well be corey brewer shooting it.

Houstunna and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  9. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

the rest of the cavs team is dumb...let the offense run through kyrie...y'all other fools aint ****

francis 4 prez likes this.
  10. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

If the Celtics don't have a 20 point difference by half time, I won't like their chance of winning the game.

11. BackdoorHarden

DAMN IT>>>>>

I could have been retired by now if I just bet on the Celtics and doing p*rn stars all day like Harden.

12. BackdoorHarden

LOL. That's how they lose game 3. Hero ball. Watch everyone stand around.

Meanwhile, Celtics are moving and cutting.

13. Homey the Clown

Warriors will feast on both teams. This is pathetic.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

There is no chance the Celtics win this game.

15. francis 4 prez

reminds me of the indiana game a few years ago. lebron got called for 5 fouls in his first 13 minutes. a few good calls, a few 50/50 calls, a few absurd calls. only one has been absurd here (the smart 3), but the 2nd one could have easily been let go or the 4th could have been a make-up call for the 3rd if they wanted it to be but they seemed to be in a mood to make the calls. why you don't **** around.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The double-double King = .500 record King

Empty Stats

The Brow also suffers this. Cousins is even worse.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

The Smart 3 looked clean initially, but on further review, he clearly hit him in the face as he landed.

18. francis 4 prez

celtics got a little lucky to end the half and not let the lead go more. hard to see lebron doing much in the 3rd quarter. will be looking to avoid his 5th foul hardcore. the history of lebron foul trouble games says he will probably get through the 3rd with 4 fouls being super passive and only looking to pass and will probably pick up his 5th early in the 4th and immediately put himself on the brink of getting kicked out for basically the whole 4th quarter.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. francis 4 prez

without being a homer, i think we can both agree that closeouts that look controlled like that hardly ever end up in foul calls, even if some minor contact ends up happening as the two players move together (especially considering almost no one even saw the contact until like 2 replays later). it reminds me of the pat beverley offensive foul on the fastbreak to start one of the spurs games. sure you could call it, but since i never see the refs do it, it feels like a call that was made just because the ref could. lebron has played over a 1000 games without picking up 4 fouls in the first half, so it seems unlikely that the calls have been "normal" to get to this point. not that the cavs don't have a huge free throw advantage in this series. it's just unusual. like that indy game.