1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Apr 14, 2009.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think it's safe to say what they will be because the Bulls will not lose at home to Toronto AND the Sixers won't beat both the Celts and Cavs.

1 Cavs vs. 8 Pistons. Easy series for Cavs. The Pistons are perfect 1st round fodder.

2 Celts vs. 7 Sixers. Probably easy for Celts because the Sixers are playing terrible. But when Miller and Iggy play well, the Sixers can keep up with anybody.

3 Magic vs. 6 Bulls. Should be easy for the Magic but I can see the Bulls possibly pushing them to 6 games.

4 Hawks vs. 5 Heat. Like most 4 vs. 5 matchups, it could go either way. I choose (and want) the Heat. While it's very doubtful he can, I want to see Wade try to take down LeBron in the 2nd round.

I know most folks here don't care about the Eastern Conference but I figured a little discussion wouldn't hurt.

2. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Most Disappointing Team - Detriot; sub 500 record. WTH!

My bet for the ECF is Cavs vs Celtics. Cavs will win the EC.

Cavs and Celtics should be safe for 2nd round.

Orlando doesnt look right. They may have a 1st round exit.

Hawks vs Heat - 50/50 for both teams.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's not that i don't care but the level of competition makes their first round uinteresting.

...except for that 4v5 matchup between the Hawks and the Heat, that might be the best series in the first round, in either conference.

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I watch basketball for the great individual talents. It's why I can't sit through a college basketball game and don't even watch the tournament.

I'm really looking forward to potential Wade-Lebron, Kobe-Lebron 7 game series'. That would be great for the game and the league.

5. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

I wanted to see Philly play Orlando. I know Orlando has owned them this season, but it would seem like an exciting matchup.

6. MONON

MONON Member

You watch a "team" sport for the great "individual" talents? :confused:

Kobe has already proved the greatest player on the planet can't win a championship by himself!

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Right, not sure what's so confusing about that.

Remind me where I said he could.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

What does winning a championship have to do with entertainment value?

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, It is VERY entertaining when your team wins a championship.

I remember it like it was yesterday...

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It'll be much more interesting in round 2. I pick the Magic to upset the Celtics. Cleveland victorious over Hawks/Heat, then beating the Magic in a tough series, only to be embarassed by the Rockets on the big stage.

11. Asian Sensation

Dwyane Wade is going to average nearly 40 ppg against the Hawks and will the Heat to victory in 6. Get your popcorn ready cause he's going to put on a show. :D

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Mannn LeBron vs. D Wade in the second round would be such a great show.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

this is why i never care about the eastern conference. the first 3 matchups are so one sided that i wont be surprised if they all end up 4-0. cant say the same thing for the western conference, where any team can advance to the second round.

14. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

i've heard a lot of people who are confident that the bulls will take down the magic. the bulls are one of the hottest teams right now, winning 12 of the past 15. plus given the trouble the magic have experienced lately (the grizzlies game was close and the knicks game was embarassing), and lingering injuries to hedo and lewis, they're saying it's a toss-up.

i personally don't agree, my theory is that the magic are just bored with the regular season and will bring up the intensity in the playoffs. we'll see.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

Of course with your own team this is the case because you have an emotional investment. But I much preferred watching the early 2000's championship-less Kings to watching the SA Spurs or championship Pistons.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Touche!

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

how heathly are the magic though?

is hedo going to be ready for the playoffs? sprained left ankle probably will not play in their finale

Lewis has had a knee issue hasnt played the last two games, i figure he will be ready to go come this weekend but there is no guarantee he will be 100%

also they have rafer alston ;)

they should be able to get past the first round if they play the bulls, sixers or pistons but i wouldnt be surprised if the series go 6 maybe even 7 games.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It seems like Orlando is really picking the worst time to start falling apart....especially since they're lined up to play a hot Bulls team (ever since they got us in that epic failure of a game, they've played really well). I would bet that Orlando still prevails in 5, but that each game is competitive and close.

Hawks and Heat is going to be a hell of a series, with all of the young names on both teams. Wade is going to put on a show in this one, but I think overall depth, plus home court advantage helps Atlanta prevail at the end, probably in 7.

Cleveland and Detroit? Yawn.

Boston and Philly? Again, yawn, although Philly might be able to stretch this to 6.