1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early Free Agency Thought: Gordon Hayward would make this team unreal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aroundtheblock2, Mar 10, 2017.

1. aroundtheblock2

Morey probably already knows, but there's no doubt in my mind that Gordon Hayward would make this team exponentially better by sliding into Ariza's starting spot. Not only that, but he would be a piece that could stick around for awhile. I just had to get this thought out there because I have no doubt in my mind that if we have this lineup and change out Ariza for Hayward....that team would eclipse GS.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont think he will leave. The jazz is his team. He was part of building them to where they are now.

They will max him out.

Id love to have him though.

Amel, Pen15clubber, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  3. aroundtheblock2

I'm not so sure he's solid to re-sign with Utah even though I think you're pretty much right. You also have to consider that his college coach at Boston wants him to sign over there. I think Utah would be one of those teams that is good every year but never really emerges as a "top contender". Hayward isn't really a guy you build a team around IMO. Hopefully he'd see the AMAZING opportunity with HOU. I mean, its unbelievable to think about how good that team would be.

Daddy Long Legs and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

He would lessen the playmaking burden that Harden has and he's a guy who you could pencil in for at least 20 points almost every night. He would be a great addition, but unfortunately, I don't see him leaving Utah. I think we become a 58-60 win team if we add him without losing much of the core.

Harden
    Bev
    Hayward
    Ryno
    Capela

Ramo$e and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. aroundtheblock2

You'd instantly gain a wing off the bench because you'd keep Ariza around and move him to the bench. Gordon and Williams back up Harden/Beverley, our bench unit would be crazy, just need a back-up big, not sure how much Nene has left.

Ramo$e and roslolian like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

He would fit great but I see him heading East to Boston if he doesn't resign with the Jazz.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

his game is a mid-range game. He wouldn't want to stand around and watch harden dribble, to become a spot up three point shooter. No way he comes. This system precludes so many good players that don't fit it. he is one of them. Its a shame.

hakeem94, Jontro and Red Chocolate like this.
  8. aroundtheblock2

I completely disagree and I think he would be a perfect fit in this offense. In fact, I can't think of a better fit in the entire NBA. He can shoot more 3s, and then he can also be aggressive getting to the rim while providing some athleticism. He's averaging more 3s now than he's ever averaged in his career, and he certainly wouldn't be the first player the Rockets have brought in and asked to shoot more 3s than they've shot.

9. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Otto Porter Jr.?
    Gallinari?
    Hayward?

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

late mj wizards thought - jordan would make this team unstoppable. not as unstoppable as a prime jordan though :(

11. aroundtheblock2

I fail to see how that's relevant lol.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Damn we recruiting Jazz players now? Times have changed..

13. aroundtheblock2

Gallinari seems like a Ryno clone, except a worse 3PT shooter while taking less 3s, but I suppose it would help the Rockets. Now Otto Porter would be interesting, but I'm not sure what his ceiling is as he's still new to his role as a scorer, but he is a proficient 3pt shooter as of now, 45% this season.

14. aroundtheblock2

Why should it matter? Everybody comes from somewhere.

PyroTex and Ramo$e like this.
  15. threepointshot3

I cant believe people still repeat this. Harden dosent bounce the ball for 24 seconds and slow the offense anymore. Why do people keep repeating this nonsense?. One of the positives about this years team is that Harden actually moves the damn ball.

16. threepointshot3

Antoine Carr and Shandon Anderson. Enough said.

madbomber likes this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Just sayin bro. But if it makes the squad championship caliber, then I'm all for it.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Those 2 are your examples?

19. aroundtheblock2

And I believe this would make us even more of a championship caliber team. I think Hayward can shoot even better from 3 and he would provide someone else besides Harden that could take it to the hole. Think of Dekker, but a good shooter with more driving ability.

javal_lon likes this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

that's exactly why he won't come here.

morey will say:
    "hey come and be our three and d guy. While you're at it, forget about the 6 non-restricted area (mid range) fg's you take per game, instead just stand around and wait for harden to pass you the ball. Also, forget about defense, I know your current team schools the rockets, but we think you would be better as a volume three point shooter. Oh, and Harden will let you handle the ball when he doesn't feel like it."

To which hayward will say, I have a team that is better than yours, **** off.

hakeem94 likes this.