1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early 2016-17 Season Win Predictions/Lines

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Clutch, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Westgate just released theirs and has the line set at 41.5 wins, tied for 8th in the West.

Thoughts? Low or high? They have us treading water.

Blazers seem high to me. Poor Lakers. Despite having high picks recently they're still terrible.

[​IMG]

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope, lol the Knicks :grin:

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Too low! Even a disaster season like last we finished 50% with 41.
    45 minimum IMO.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I just don't get the crazy love for the Jazz. They were 9th last season and will jump to 4th because they added George Hill, and old-asses Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw?

I just don't see them making that kind of leap.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They were really injured last year. When they were healthy they were winning at a good clip.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Last season was a "disaster" not because of the .500 record. We had a lot of .500 seasons in the 2000's and nobody thought they were "disastrous." Last season was a disaster because it did not meet the high expectations coming out of a WCF appearance.

One can see it from different angles. Either the WCF appearance was a fluke or last season's mediocrity was a fluke.

Anyway, we are having a very different core (again!) and a very different coaching staff. It's anybody's guess how we are going to turn out.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And the return of that 3rd year PG from Australia. Plus didn't Gobert miss a decent chunk of time?

9. alethios

alethios Member

Ugh! Oh well, at least we are ahead of the Mavs. Still, it's hard to put much faith in these predictions.

10. nortyboi3

nortyboi3 Member

We will be higher than Jazz, Thunder and Memphis IMO :cool:

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Why are the Jazz the new "IT" team?

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Way too early. What will the response to this system mean as we hit January???

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I think right off the bat we can prove that we are better than the Jazz, Blazers, and Grizzlies.

Jazz Depth Chart
    [​IMG]
    Blazers Depth Chart
    [​IMG]
    Grizzlies Depth Chart
    [​IMG]
    Rockets Depth Chart
    [​IMG]

People are judging us on last year, and not really acknowledging the amount of change this team as undergone in the off season. Westgate pre-preseason W/L predictions are about as meaningless as CFB preseason rankings.

Just look at the ESPN depth chart they have for the Rockets and it shows that they don't have any idea what we are going to run. No one truly knows what MDA is going to do, not us Rockets fans, none of the experts, nor the media. Obvious to say, but we could be all over the place: A top-tier team, a dumpster fire, or a middle of the pack team that has glimpses of great basketball but still can't shake major problems.

But look at the talent on this team, and we can absolutely be better than the Jazz, Grizz, Blazers. Hell we were 2nd in the West beginning a season with Dorsey & Black as starters and ending with Terry and Prigs as our PG combo.

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Well, I tend to believe in Las Vegas. It´s sad, but yes.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Will gladly take the over on the Rockets.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That might only be 4 games off. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish with 45 wins

17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

This^. I think the Rockets can rip off a lot of wins though. That will be a high scoring team but they will have to get used to playing with one another. I think the Rockets improve their record and get around 45 wins.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, I'd take that SAS bet. They could lose 10 more games than last year and still beat that line.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate to say it, but after last season's optimism it's kind of depressing that the best we seem to be hoping for is to match the record of the 2012-13 squad. :(

20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Well, it´s expected. We changed a lot of parts, we lost a top3 rebounder in the league, and wether you want to accept it or not, Dwight changed some of the dinamics on our paint.

I won´t go fast for the over, at least until we know how is our rim protection going to be.

The other way to see it is progression, I don´t mind sacrificing a few wins in a year like this if we are building towards a better future. I really want to see this year as a retool one.