1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Earliest houston can trade for Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Nov 8, 2018.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I would rather trade Paul to Phoenix, the Phoenix is too eager to get an elite pg

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's too obvious that the Houston can't pay Ariza so much money

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza isn't good this year. Remember that he was on the team during the disastrous 15-16 season. He's not gonna magically make everything better.

Elephant810 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Ariza isn't the answer to this dumpster fire. He was here in the Ty Lawson year and it wasn't much better than this.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

and the offseason additions aren't any better

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'd trade for Bazemore if you want another Ariza replacement

juanm34 likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ariza would help alot thats a fact

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul at $35.6M is deadweight and must be unloaded, but let's definitely use some of that and some draft picks to get back Trevor Ariza at $15M. Hey, you know who else we can get from the Suns with the remaining $20M?

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From Codman's signature

How To Get Away With Murder...#TheCalculated

Yeah, I hope Morey has some master plan to infuse the team with another high ceiling talent or some gritty role players for depth.

The question is, how long can this team wait? Their boat is taking on water. Sure their "shooting" might come around. But will it be "too late" then?

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

11. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Going to add some stats here:

Ryan Anderson +/- (from same Twitter thread):

It would be great to imagine that Ariza’s return would turn whatever corner we are looking for Houston to turn, but we may just be bringing in another body that’s just as washed out as half of the team right now.

I am a tiny bit more optimistic than others who have entitled this season 2015-2016 electric boogaloo, but Ariza probably won’t be the elixir many are looking for at this point.

Plus they won’t be able to get him for at least two more months (around January 15 to be precise) since new contracts of his type can’t be waived/traded for 6 months after they are agreed to. So to think Ariza can gallop in here anytime soon isn’t a wise thought to have right now.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If the downward spiral continues the obvious is to ship CP.3 out to join his boy LBj. GM lebron will give us the best possible deal.
    Dark times indeed.....

13. Senator

Senator Member

Who cares about the numbers on a terrible team
    Ariza has a huge impact on a winning team , Phoenix has no need for him now that they want to tank. Trading for ariza is just as important as waiving melo.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Every role player will look worse on an ass team like the Suns, they drafted in top 5 for like 5 years and they'll still do. Keep sucking Suns, another two/three years and you'll get your 8 men rotation full of top 5 picks lulz.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The hilarious thing is that Ariza and Ryan Anderson are their two highest-paid players...

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i also can't wait to see what they'll do with Melton going forward, pretty sure MCD did the trade with us just to get him cause he thought he was a good fit with Booker (and i agree with this), now there's a chance he gets wasted on that team, i wonder if we can get him back for Chriss lol

Little Bit likes this.
  17. txn

txn Member

I dont mind him going to Golden State and put a 0-12 on us :D

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Let Ariza go. If he was let go by Phoenix, he won't be coming back to Houston not because of money. He'd go to Warriors to get another ring, or to Lakers to befriend Lebron and hang with Kobe rather than Harden. He turned his back on the Rockets by accepting Suns' offer which I don't blame. But how many millions does he need?!?!?!? Moute and Ariza going other teams made us get Melo. If you hate Melo, blame both of them because they wanted to get paid instead of getting play.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

20. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I do think he’ll get bought out later this year.

But when we’re in the WCF, there was an ESPN article about Ariza where he talked about being a student of the game and wanting to play in a system with movement and cuts. I wouldn’t be so sure that he’d choose us over other options.

Maybe CP3 can sway him with a dope State Farm commercial (playing off of the whole Cliff Paul thing lol)