1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EA NBA Live 08 Rocks look good and roster doesn't have Scola!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sparky, Sep 13, 2007.

1. sparky

sparky Member

I downloaded a demo of EA Sports NBA Live 08 last night on my PS3 and I noticed some very interesting things. First of all the only team rated higher than he Rockets is the Mavericks, the Spurs are a point lower than the Rockets. Now, I can't see who is on the Rosters yet just the team ratings as of a date but it is very encouraging that the Rockets are ranked 2nd.
    Also it has a screen that shows the stregth of each position by team. The weakest position is Power Forward spot which is a very, very weak number for the game like 63. I am assuming that this was Chuck Hayes' (or a combo of Chuck and Novak's)ranking in the game.
    Anyway, it is nice to see the Rockets getting some recognition. I think, if Scola is as good as we all think he is, than the Rockets should easily be the top team in the game. Nice.

Some other interesting notes about this game is that NBA teams can play FIBA teams like France, Spain, and of course Greece. You know that I am going play the preseason game Rockets vs Greece so that I can make SF3, Mike James, Aaron Brooks school VSPAN. :)

I am still bitter about VSPAN but hey he landed us Scola so my hopes are still high.

An interesting note about last year's game. I traded for SF3 and play Luther at the 2. I play a 2 man game with Luther and Francis and Luther McGrady having Yao go to the high post. Luther is left wide open every time and is often the highest scorer. I think this year he will really show us something.

I am along time Rockets fan, I had season tickets in the early 80's when I lived in Houston, my sisters went to UofH with Cylde and Hakeem. I don't live in Houston anymore but I Houston has always been my team. Through all that I can honestly say that I am more excited the start of this year then the start of any other year.

Adelman's motion offense. Steve Francis coming home, MJ's back, and of course Aaron Brooks and Scola. Hopefully Bonzi can contribute this year as well.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

live sucks, from what I heard, they have toronto rated as the 3rd worst team oin the nba and the jazz are rated like 12th in the west

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

live sucks big time. it was good until 2002...

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that demo sucks

the only teams you can play is Spurs and Spain.

Ill admit, it looks a little better, but until I can compare it headsup with 2K8, Im gonna stick with my plan to get 2K8 and forget Live once again.

5. seanluu

seanluu Member

live feels so robotic when u play it, nba 2k8 is going to be the best basketball sim ever and yaos still ranked in the 80's on live B.S.

6. LIN

LIN Member

don't worry about that,the upcoming season is coming,u can see Scola soon.

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Agreed. 2k8 is going to be sweet because the franchise mode is becoming more and more real. The whole chemistry among teammates is being elevated because of hte "roles" players are put in. Its going to pretty badass.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I don't care about NBA LIVE, all I know is that Luis Scola will be in NBA 2K8. If you are thinking about buying LIVE over 2K, I would high recommend you reconsider that decision.

9. pli777

pli777 Member

EA's Fifa and NBA live series both sucking big times.

2k8 is the way to go and I will be picking this up as soon as they come out.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

...and possibly consider psychiatric care.

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Live 08>>>Live 07, but NBA 2K8>>>>Live 08.

12. abcdef

abcdef Member

Too bad the 2k franchise doesn't release a version for PC.

13. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

[​IMG]

NBA 2K8 ---------------------------------------------------- NBA Live 08 (T-Mac Turns 40)

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The 'Live' TMac looks 'Dead'.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Use to be a HUGE NBA Live fan but the series got worse and worse until I finally completely gave up on it. The 2K series is definitely the way to go.

16. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

you know already graphic wise live 07 kills 2k7 i wonder about now. but yeah watch out for the nba 08 for the ps3 it looks sick

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

NBA Live 08 is supposed to have completely redefined gameplay and improved mechanics. For the first time in the franchise since like 2001, they have gone in and reworked the entire gameplay system. I am very optimistic about Live 08. And whoever said the FIFA series sucks needs to be slapped with a fish. FIFA and Tiger Woods have consistently been the best EA games out there.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nothing beats the year Yao got drafted #1 overall and NBA Live didn't even have him on the game.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We should have a coach in the NBA who makes his decisions purely based off video game results. He hires like 20 16 yr olds to play 82 games of the season and then picks the most realistic and most effective gameplan. I am dead serious about this.

20. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

This is basically what Daryl Morey does... He uses statistical analysis and formulas to pick his players. What do you think a videogame is? Underneath it's all a bunch of formulas.

Oh and Live is horrible. 08 is a step in the right direction but still 2+ years behind 2K.