1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] Starting Forward Kamara Traded

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Naija Texan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Chron.com: Dynamo ship forward Kamara to Kansas City

Honestly, this bites. I knew he was in danger of losing his starting spot due to Landin but to just trade him before the season is over? That is weak move on the part of the Dynamo organization, especially if his contract was up at the end of year like Clark's, where they could have kept him around and let him go.

Kei was one of my favorite players as well, my best wishes to him in Kansas City.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kamara traded for a forward that is scoreless in the last 2 years? I've never questioned the moves of the Dynamo front office as most have been gold. This one is just strange.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I don't see how this move helps the team from a skill standpoint, so it must be off the field issues. With Landin signing and Weaver returning from injury Kamara was likely to be bumped down the depth chart a couple of spots. It would have been nice if we could have gotten more depth in our midfield though, instead of a fifth string forward.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/09/16/1504173/mccarthys-musings-kamaras-inevitable-dynamo-departure

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree...especially when you have to consider Clark and probably Holden will be out again on Nat'l team duty in October.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't really see the logic in this at all. The playoff picture is incredibly tight this year and we haven't been playing wonderfully as of late. Kei could have been a nice bench player in the playoffs, presuming Landin was the starter. Dominic Oduro doesn't have the touch the Kei does and I think this will hurt us come playoff time. I can definitely understand Kei's anger at going from Houston to a doormat like Kansas City and he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

6. DrLudicrous

And we'll get to see him with that chip on his shoulder in October. He could either play lights out to try to prove something or get too emotional and take himself out of the game.

7. DrLudicrous

It looks like Kamara was in Dom's doghouse.

http://mydynamo.ning.com/profiles/blogs/canetti-on-the-thompsonkamara

8. TheBigAristotle

Still, no reason to trade him.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, maybe not. We may never know exactly what Kei did, but it must have been something noteworthy to have it play a part in the decision to trade him. Dom seems to be a players coach and his teams definitely rely on chemistry. If Kamara was disrupting that in the stretch run of the season, I can see how they would want to do away with him. The Dynamo need to be a closely-bound unit in the coming weeks if they hope to win the MLS Cup, especially with teams like Los Angeles and Columbus coming on fire recently. I hope Kei is able to play well in Kansas City, even though I doubt he'll be there after the season ends.