1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] Houston targetting Dos Santos from Tottenham

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Nov 9, 2010.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Even though it's been a buzz and I just barely heard about this, and I don't agree with it... I don't think it's good for Giovani at all. Granted, I would like Mexican stars here in the U.S. and more if it's someone as exciting a player like Giovani is, but... I don't know, it seems like he wouldn't be happy here. :eek:

More at http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/7281819.html

Here is a note from "mediotiempo.com":
    ROUGH TRANSLATION:

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've seen him and Dos Santos can hold him own. I just think It's not a good idea for him to waste his prime years here though. He alone won't win a championship.

He's definitely got talent and with Bojan still super young and ahead of him at Barca there's almost no way he'll make the big squad.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Mentioned in the off season thread.

Say he leaves Tot, now you have to compete with other clubs in Europe, or back home in Mexico.

I know AEG has money and all, but they have money for the LA Gals. I wish some local rich guy would hurry up and buy the team so we don't have to be red (orange) headed step sisters.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

Why don't the Dynamo see if Barca is interested in his brother, Jonathan dos Santos?

Maybe a loan?

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

well, he isnt playing at all with the Tottenham, and I heard that the coach doesnt like him a lot to play him, but he doesnt want it to give it away either, so Giovanni is not very happy with the Tottenham.

Is would be good for Giovanni because he would get a lot of play time in Houston.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Was being discussed in the offseason thread...

As I said there, I don't know why Gio does it. I also don't know if it's entirely the right move for the Dynamo. We don't really know if they're going into rebuild mode. If they are, would signing Gio set them back as they wouldn't have the cash to fill other holes (central midfield being a top priority)? I think he'd make a huge difference on this team give there is someone that could actually get him the ball.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

ridiculous

8. REEKO_HTOWN

even if he did cost a ton of money I think he would be a designated player therefore not cost against the cap right?

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

A designated player counts against the cap, just not the full cost of their contract. I believe the first DP counts $350K against the cap.