1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

get your brain injury checked out too.

2. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

*panic

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Ok 80% ...3 out of 4 ? Means nothing ... Can anyone name a single NBA player that had this surgery and came back with no problems ?

The thing that worries me,is that howard slipped to the video crew,and now we hear that the tear was "tiny" ? Dwight says in the video that it was the worse his DR of 27 years has seen.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_9qr15hof

If he wasn't a guy that depended exclusively on his athleticism it might not be as much concern... kind of like having a flat on your car and getting it patched,if you drive 55 and stay on the hi-way you'll have a better chance than hauling ass down a pot hole filled road.

Chances are that he blows out that disk again .. It might be 80% for a normal person but for howard you gotta go higher .

4. cml750

cml750 Member

I never said that. His injury got to the point of needing surgery AFTER he opted in. I say we need to actually SEE the guy play to make sure is okay before giving away a boatload for him and taking back a bunch of crappy contracts.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How I feel about all of this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/angi1vwUkQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

everytime i type about how back problems after surgery is one of the main reasons to skip the trade someone has to come back with a reason why we should still gamble out future on a injured "star" player. Back problems never go way regardless of surgeries. Athletic players like dwight will just damage their backs even more and without his vertical jump he is almost worthless since he hasnt shown a consistant below the rim game.

1 person likes this.
  7. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

You (and/or someone else, I can't recall) keep referring to it as a "tear" when Dwight referred to it as a "fragment".

I assume you mean a fragment tore off? Being serious.... just not sure of the difference, if there is one.

Have had employees and an uncle have back surgery, but don't know the difference in a fragment, tear and herniated disc.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lol, henningan's such a troll.

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Brett Favre School of trolling.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

So it is a brain injury to want to see a guy play coming off of major back surgery before giving up promising young talent and taking on bad contracts. I think some of you guys are the sick ones. You have "Superstar-itis", it causes some people to want a superstar so bad they would make a bad trade for an injured, disgruntled player without even seeing if he is the same player after the injury. ;)

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

I know you didn't say that....

I was just being sarcastic.

That whole post was tongue-in-cheek.

I agree with you.

I think trading for him is a waste.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Some people can come back 100% but I agree it would be even harder for a person whose game centers around power with a lot of jumping for rebounds and blocked shots.

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I havnt seen anyone post this, and it makes perfect sense. Repped

14. cml750

cml750 Member

Sorry, didn't recognize the sarcasm!!!!;)

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's official. Clutchfans has Blue balls.

Stop teasing us Dwight!!

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

A fragment can start as a tear,then a piece of your disc will actually break off with pressure ..so a fragment is a piece that has torn off of the disc itself

17. cml750

cml750 Member

If he can come back and be the same player for half a season, I would feel much better about his future. I promise everyone that back injuries can be tough. From the people I have talked to and from my own personal experience, a person is never quite the same. My main point is we need to be patient and make sure he is okay first. Why more people don't see this boggles my mind. Thanks!!!

18. knappy328

knappy328 Member

OremLK you totally get it. I like when people are realistic - I think both Morey and Hennigan know how good Dwight is and I am confident that Dwight stays in Houston. I think they will make the trade work - I know people in Houston don't want to give up certain players, but you are talking Dwight Howard - my guess is Houston sends Lamb, Jones and one more player, Toronto and Dallas draft picks and taking back at least 2 contracts - one being JRich who can still play.

I might be wrong, but if Houston doesn't trade for him I don't see Houston getting him. Houston with Dwight and Lin and pieces has a shot for a championship - he really is that good. I don't want Howard to win but if I were in Houston I would want him - he is a beast - people don't realize how good he is - Morey and hennigan do though. I'd like Houston to do well, but I'll route against Howard. And yes he is a good guy at heart - he has just recently lost his way.

19. allaroundplayer

that's true, a bulging disc is not as serious as a herniated disc. Howard had a herniated disc and a discectomy.

http://www.mdguidelines.com/discectomy

Prognosis:

......There is no cure-all for back pain and individuals who expect to be completely pain-free after discectomy may be gravely disappointed.

20. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Scottie Pippen came back from a herniated disck.

Larry Johnson was never the same after his back surgery.

Baron Davis had a herniated disk last year he came back healthy after 6 months,he injured his knee so his career might be over.

Anybody else know any other NBA players who had a herniated disk surgery in the NBA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.