1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard - Trade Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 12, 2015.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

I am one of the few Houston fans who believe that Superman is a large part of our playoff problem. His capacity to focus for 4 quarters and avoid the costly mental mistakes has been minimal at best. His basketball IQ is easily the lowest on the team, right there next to Josh Smith and Joey Dorsey. While he still puts up good numbers when he plays, his lack of skills at crucial points in the game kills this team. He has been with us for 2 years now and I still cannot remember a time when he has hit a game winning shot, yet I can remember numerous Harden game winners. I absolutely detest Kobe Bryant, but the one thing he knows is what it takes to win a championship and it concerns me that he publicly states that Howard doesn't have that focus. If we could open up his 20 million slot and at the same time pick up a top 5 pick, it would seem to be a move in the right direction. This is the time to trade him before he gets another injury and we are left in the same situation we had with Yao Ming.

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He has a player option next year, he pretty much can't be traded.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Harden takes all the game winners...

And what's with people's infatuation with a top pick? Y'all are upset because we're not winning right now and ya'll want to take 3 steps back to wait for a pick to develop?

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I love Dwight. But from basketball point of view, he doesn't seem to make a big difference in terms of getting us over to the next level while taking up a lot of salary. Hate to lose him for nothing, but wouldn't mind letting him walk if we have a decent rebounding big like Robin Lopez in return.

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

Thanks Air Bud....very good info, but I wonder if Dwight would be amicable going to Brooklyn or Atlanta in a trade scenario. There has been serious (mutual) interest in the past.

7. dwhite

dwhite Member

I agree 100%, but I would take either a pick or a few good players in return before he has another injury setback. It could be fear, but I just remember wishing the Rockets would have traded Ming when it became increasingly apparent that he was injury prone. Let Howard and his large contract become someone else's problem. He has not been the game changer he was years ago in Orlando and now that he is going to the other side of 30, we need Morey to pull off his magic (no pun intended) and make a trade. Not trading Ming at the sign of health problems took this team "3 steps back" as well.

8. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

He also has a 15% trade kicker.

9. newAge_Rockets

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Wonder if the Kings would swap Cousins straight up ?! .... Wishful thinking I'm sure.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Why do people wanna trade the best player on the team?

We need too add size not subtract it too beat teams like the Clippers/Grizz/etc in the playoffs.

I think we might be winning this series with Donatas and Asik on the squad

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Let's not trade the guy who always dominates in the playoffs maybe.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Howard taking GW shots????

14. hakeemthagreat

Now you're turning on Dwight? Hes the only player we have out there that gives an effort on BOTH ends, yet you're disappointed? Selective criticism smh

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I am dumbfounded at the stupidity in a majority of our fan forums...

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Probably one of the worst posts I've seen around here. Completely clueless

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Howard is not the problem.

Crappy defense
    Terrible 3 point shooting when it's the main focus of your offense
    Godawful FT shooters all over the roster
    Crappy coaching
    Poor ball movement and turnovers

Those are your problems.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we could unload Dwight. I guess I am spoiled to Hakeem, Moses, and to a lesser extent Yao but I want a center who brings it EVERY night.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Good lord, I don't even know where to begin... You want Dwight gone because he hasn't hit game winners?

How many game winners have DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler hit?

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Dwight has brought it every night in the playoffs... At least every night he wasn't in foul trouble.

Even Hakeem and Yao had plenty of bad games.