1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard receives bone marrow aspirate injection in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I agree 100%. Portland is the only franchise who has had this much back luck with injuries to stars in the last 20 years.

I also would like for the Rockets FO to be honest with us fans, and let us know how bad it is. For some reason our injuries Always go from Mild sprain to swelling to season ending injury to career ending injury

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets are cursed with injuries. I have accepted it. This is a damn shame.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I didn't know this was North Korea.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Worse. Be looking to trade him next year too.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very true, I mean he's got to make what he can, definitely can't fault that. I hope this procedure avoids microfracture, but if it doesn't work hopefully they try something else before the microfracture... And if microfracture is only option, I guess the sooner the better so he can play next year's playoffs, hopefully he comes back like Amare did initially...

6. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Exactly. Plus, with the majority of those in the study being older, I'd assume they dealt with their issues and pain a lot longer than what Dwight has.... And it states results are (expected to be) better when caught early.

This may make a huge difference.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, right, hey at least the upside is our franchise didn't pass up on Jordan (obviously we got Hakeem) and Durant for two early busts. LOL, I'd be a lot more pissed if our team passed up on Hakeem and Jordan to draft Bowie. Don't even get me started on passing up on Durant because he couldn't bench 185... I saw Durant play live a few times in college and I still don't understand how they passed him up, Wtf... They should fire all of their scouts and FO.

I agree the injuries do suck though, and I also wish our FO didn't bull**** us.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, agree 100%, I'm really hoping this works out since caught a lot earlier. You'll always see early medical trials try stuff on older patients that have had these ailments for years, because lower risk (older) and if it statistically works there, there should be even better recovery for someone who's young.

1 person likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Everyone needs to calm down dwight will be fine

1 person likes this.
  10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Pessimism and drama are key traits in most Rockets fans. Haven't you noticed?

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Sometimes it's just reality.

I was criticized for being "negative" about Yao's injuries. But I wasn't being negative..I was being realistic. No player plays at 7'4" and above for very long into their 30's before they start to fall apart. It's universal among guys at that height. They end up playing very limited minutes in their early 30's...and most are out of the league not long thereafter. There were doctors speaking to that fact along the way.

I don't know enough about Dwight's injury to speak on it. But when he said bone on bone, that sure sounded bad. And I didn't really want to believe it...but now you hear of marrow injections and it sounds like there is something legit there. I'm hoping it will be fine...but there's some factual evidence regarding prognosis for these sorts of injuries and treatments that supersedes my hope.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Why do you feel that the FO has to let us know anything? Not understanding your statement... We are not part of the organization so they have no reason to let us know anything....

T_Man

13. Amir's Johnson

Dwightmare 3.0

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ungood. I hate how upset this makes me.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Well, to be fair the front office people are not doctors. More often than not they relay the information they have but adding Mories medical opinion to press release is not really helping anything.

I actually think that they're just being extra cautious. Dwight could probably play through this injury but we're winning without him so they're letting him rest and get the best care available.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Just talked with a friend in the sports medicine field and this procedure/injury, given the information we have, is not career threatening. FYI

Sigh of relief for me. Still not 100% sure IMO because we don't know all of the details, but I don't think we need to start panicking.

2 people like this.
  17. varughese.arun

This is my exact same fear... God don't like Ugly.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's hope he's back by April!

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He has been playing hurt. That's why he's been so bad. He should have not come back so early.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is no way Dwight and the Rockets were unaware of the condition of his knee in the off-season. I don't see how he can go from "about to have an MVP season" to "bone on bone" in one game.

So my question is why are these procedures being done now and not done over the summer? Did the Rockets' physicians really think if Dwight did some strengthening and movement correcting exercises he wouldn't notice he has no cartilage in his knee? I guess the plan was to hope they would get lucky and the 5% chance he could get through the season was worth doing nothing in the summer to actually correct the issue?

Seems incompetent on the part of the Rockets. Par for the course.

2 people like this.