1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard asks fans for a favor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vega_281, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Vega_281

Vega_281 Member

According to Michael Wallace, who covers the Miami Heat and the NBA for ESPN, he said Howard told the fans at TC, "we need this every night, though.." which i don't blame Dwight for because.. well you know why, it's been discussed ad nauseam here on the forum.. Thoughts??

I don't know how to post a pic of the tweet, sorry.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

I was gonna fly down to Houston for this game so I can scream my head off.

But money is required to do that...I'll be down there eventually.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight tells fans &quot;we need this every night, though&quot; amid 4th largest crowd in Toyota Center history.</p>&mdash; Michael Wallace (@WallaceNBA_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WallaceNBA_ESPN/statuses/441054245228261376">March 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Vega_281

Vega_281 Member

thanks JR

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So sooooo true. They need to change some rules in the TC.

6. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

he's right but it will never happen..at least from what ive seen the crowd is loud as hell during playoff games

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Well i wish i can fly to Houston just to booo Lin

:grin:

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There's nothing we can do. The fans that show up always show up. THe people that don't show or show late, always will (corporate)

9. bmd

bmd Member

I bet if more than 40% of the city got to watch the Rockets and follow them during the season, they'd get more hype and buzz around the city which would excite the fans about each individual game.

10. moose

moose Member

4th largest crowd? I saw like 10 empty seats behind the miami bench alone. lol

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They'll have to go deep in the playoffs before this happens every night. It ain't Dwight's fault since he just got here, but this franchise hasn't accomplished anything in nearly 2 decades.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah like right after the half.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Question? I realise les's rules regarding the lower ball being sold in bundles of 8 to companies and whatever but is the upper bowl always full and rocking or is their always spare seats their aswell

14. JD88

JD88 Member

Money talks and the little man gets pushed aside.

What can ya do?

Hibbert was paying for an entire section in Bankers Life for rowdy fans in the lower level.

Dwight should do the same.

15. Mr. Space City

you can't expect rockets fans to show the same kind of enthusiasm for a home game against someone like the kings as the miami heat.

we don't control the bandwagon fans.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

well Dwight if you want more fans at the TC...talk to the owner, and have him try preventing corporations from buying up lower bowl tickets only to have them remain empty at tip off...The Rockets have some true fans, but kinda hard to appreciate em from the upper bowl. If the TC can remodel the luxury suites, perhaps the Rockets front office could address the issue/appearance of poor crowd attendance, by opening more lower bowl tickets to the general public...

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketblood713

Best game of the season! ......u just beat the champs

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah.... Dwight needs to talk to Les Alexander about that one. Almost half the lower bowl is corporate owned which means... if they aren't late, they aren't even going to show up half the time.... its free seats for vendors, clients your trying to sell to, or people at your work that don't care about the Rockets.

If you could simply switch the upper bowl to the lower bowl it would sound like a Duke game in that place every night almost.

Its just the nature of banking on corporate seats to sell tickets Dwight.... sorry but thats the reason why this team is profitable and the reason Les can afford to own an NBA team... because this team is run as a successful business... even though some of the decisions are based off of business and not basketball fandom.

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

how about getting the *****ing games on TV first

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How does that stop you from going the games? Stop making excuses.