1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight and his buddy Jameer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Dec 15, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One of the longer lasting friendships in the league (with some issues)

Strange to see those pics of those former Allstars (1 time allstar Jameer)
    Mighty Mouse and Superman

went together to the Finals

Are they going to play on one team again and relive the glory days?
    Nobody knows

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do you have some type of insider info?

Because Howard aired out some grievances about that Orlando Magic team that Nelson did not take too kindly to.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Mickaël Piétrus the French GAWD

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

They were definitely friendly last night before the game. Dwight spent a good 15 minutes chatting it up with Jameer. It looks like there is no love lost there.

I wish the same could be said about James and Dwight.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jameer Nelson balanced finances and winning in free agency. Dwight Howard made multiple calls recruiting Nelson to Houston, sources say.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/492411000763584512">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. ibm

ibm Member

harden and dwight seem to start having better exchange on the court these days.

am i the only one noticing this or am i delusional?

8. Codman

I thought the same, but it seems to fluctuate from game to game, especially if we're losing.

James is learning how to be a leader, but he has his moments when he snaps on everyone. I think it's just going to take him some time to learn how to communicate appropriately.

Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron went through the same thing. Remember when LeBron snapped on Chalmers? It was a great moment, because a few minutes later, he apologized and said, "My bad..." I felt like that was when he really became an effective leader.

9. ibm

ibm Member

good to know i wasnt the only one who had noticed that. it was one of the positive changes lately in my mind. just hope its not too little too late.

you know,,, sometimes i wonder if i've been too hard on harden. was just thinking what i was doing and how it all was when i was at the age of mid-20's...

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Jameer Nelson IS NOT MIGHTY MOUSE.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yhj9m92hB3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

MJ, Kobe, and LeBron played defense though. Harden has a loooooong way to go besides communication.

Harden also needs to throw better alleys to Dwight. Josh wrote the blueprint in the playoffs vs Dallas. He likes direct passes near the rim, not floaters. Floaters throw off timing and makes the play more difficult both making the basket and potential injury to Dwight due to too much stretching.

12. Codman

Agreed. Was just giving an example of the continuum of communication. It takes awhile to get down, even for the great ones.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

It seems like every time Dwight gets a dunk its a pass from somebody other than Harden. Last night I saw a couple of passes from Harden to Howard and I thought it was odd. I don't think your delusional.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Harden/Howard are fine.

We lack discipline & a strategy. JB is just the more impulsive McHale.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

James will never be a leader if he doesn't find a way to give any sort of effort defensively. Lead by f'ing example.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This x100000000000

1 person likes this.