1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight and Chandler in the UFC's behind the scenes video blog: "I'd fight for $10 million"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bmd

bmd Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3TC1bPVxyP8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/3TC1bPVxyP8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://youtu.be/3TC1bPVxyP8

Skip to 4:28 if you only want to see Dwight and Chandler.

Warning: Language

1 person likes this.
  2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I loved every second of that video. Thanks for posting brother. Reppp'd

3. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

I'd pay to see Lin fight

[​IMG]

4. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Dwight would have made one scary MMA heavyweight. He'd be like Jon Jones of THE premier weight class in combat sports.

[​IMG]

5. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think Dwight would have been good.

He's kind of clumsy, stiff, etc. Dwight can jump out of the building, but that isn't all that important in a fight.

6. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Dwight would have the tools, but would he have the will to be a fighter. I'm just not sure about that. Being a fighter is one of those sports where going in you know you are there to get hurt. You try your best to mitigate it but at the end of the day there are times/ situations where you need to take some damage to give some back.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah... fighters are a different breed. You have to be willing and accepting of the fact that any time you step in the ring you could get messed up. Most people aren't cut out for it.

As to the second part about times where you "need" to take damage to give some back, there are differing schools of thought on that. Some fighters believe it is smart to take damage in order to land what they see as a perfect shot. Some fighters fight more conservatively and believe it is never good to take damage, even if it means you could possibly dish out more than you took. Brawlers don't mind taking damage. With other fighters, it's hit and don't get hit.

8. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

It's all in the training. Dwight's an A class athlete while most UFC fighters are a tier below. I think he would do well if he had the IQ and dedication to learn MMA. Thats why you see guys like Shaub, Mitrione, and Lesnar do very well and only trained for a few years while some of the other guys have been doing it practically their whole lives.

9. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Seriously, Chandler, Chelsea??
    **** Chelsea.

10. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Bev, James, Greg and maybe one or two others at 10:43.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You question your will to win when you get popped in the nose. Promise.

12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Dwight would get the hell beat out of him by the 25th ranked heavyweight. Anyone who thinks DH could defend the take down against a guy like Randy Couture is hilariously wrong and has never participated in combat sports. Give him 4-5 years like say Brendon Schaub or Matt Mitrione, and maaaaaaybe... but as of now, he'd get annihilated by welterweights.

Pro boxers don't translate to MMA (see James Toney if that is unclear), why would an NBA guy?

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That reach would be insane. I think he is to stiff though, and him being so long would also present problems in the clinch. He would have to have immense hand speed to be a good fighter.

Hopefully in a Rockets uniform we will never have to see that. Unless its hitting KG in the face.

14. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

No offense to Dwight, but he would tap out at the first moment of pain.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He already fights in the UFC

[​IMG]

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Man you just never know, most of today's would be fighters play other sports. Westbrook and Chuck Hayes may have been hell in the boxing ring. Wish I could send Patrick Willis back to the 60s.

17. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

NBA players make way too much money to be interested in fighting the UFC if that was ever a possibility....

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I would love to see jj watt fight UFC.

19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If you use that example, then i can use the example of Old-Timer Ray Mercer knocking out (at the time 7th ranked) former 2 time UFC Champ Timmay

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bqK6yJaE4mY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. bmd

bmd Member

At the time 7th ranked? I don't know about that.

But what I do know is back then the heavyweight division was very, very thin. It was crappy for a long time.

Only fairly recently... within the past couple years has the HW division been pretty stout.