1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DWade: don’t think it’s a basketball decision

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Early in his appearance here he says he doesn’t think lebron will try to go team up with all stars, instead its a lifestyle decision. He can bring players to him.

He doesn’t explicitly say any team by name but it sounds like he thinks lebron is going to the lakers

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So then winning championships doesn't matter.....ok.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He did clarify that lebron is so great he can get players to come to him.

4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Dwade also didn't know he was going back to Cleveland. So...

primtim24, hongxingli, Game7 and 11 others like this.
  5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Lakers edge seems for real

Roc Paint and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol people I know y'all love the rockets but he can win a chip on the Lakers. Like wade said given the cap room great players will come where ever lbj is. Lakers have plenty of cap n movable assets.

ApacheWarrior, amaru and justtxyank like this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I mean, it sort of makes sense. Going to Miami was a decision to play with friends. Going back to Cleveland was again another personal decision. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed in Cleveland either. However, I don't buy into the idea that players will necessarily follow him. LeBron and Cleveland were not the second best team. That team didn't look like they were having fun either. Ring chasers will fill roles in Houston and Golden State before whatever team Bron is on.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You say "ya'll love the rockets." Then who are you?

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

A lot of ifs are in play with the Lakers. The potential for a championship? Sure. But I don't see them netting enough talent to even escape the second round. If they were to get Leonard and George I still don't see it being enough for the same reasons that OKC couldn't escape the first round. The rest of the pieces on LA are trash.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

report - LeBron to Lakers

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He wants to live that chris paul lifestyle.

Banana boats every day.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I do to bro I've went over this before me n the fam have 2 bricks outside of toyota. But I don't let my love cloud my thinking. If l.a. n new York ever have thier **** together they will always be a better destination than anywhere else in the NBA. Period fact.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Lakers would be an easier road. They do need to sign a second All Star type (Paul George, I suppose).

The Lakers are carrying Luol Deng’s Joakim Noah-ish contract, so that’s a hindrance.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

A lot of y’all discount LA way too easily. Houston has it’s downsides. The roster is old, and CP3 could easily become another D-Wade situation for him. I’m sure his family would prefer LA to Houston as well. Bron to LA could definitely happen.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Period fact? Not really. But ok.

Again, a LOT of ifs in that statement. Even if they satisfy all your ifs, I still have a hard time believing they are better than the warriors or Houston.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

FFS let LeBron go to LA and let's drop this crap

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

See u didn't included maybe the greatest player ever in lbj. If u think lbj n George could get out the second round ur crazy. The Cavs with love kyrie n lbj won a chip man. Cavs doom was trading kyrie n being capped out. La they could make a roster to complete if they had lbj. They have a bunch of young assets. Kuzma hell even ball some small market team would trade for to give a disgruntled player that don't want to play small-market anymore

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but the idea of him getting so many great players to come to him that he could get past not only the Warriors who he hasn't been able to get past recently but the Rockets too....just to get to the finals? Doesn't make sense.

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I was thinking of something along those lines too. Maybe getting his ass absolutely handed to him twice in a row made him realise that no matter what he does he can't beat golden state with KD. So maybe he'll just go somewhere to chill and focus on off court stuff till that team falls apart. Of course he'd never actually say that but that would be smart way to do it.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would be a smart move to head to the team that is better than the Warriors right now so you can get revenge on the Warriors while playing alongside your best friend in the league. It's certainly better than giving up.

slothy420, darksoul35, Remlap and 6 others like this.