1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant's Achilles injury.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Astrodome, Jun 6, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Man GSW treating like a wife beater treats his wife - just keep using and abusing the Cupcake Snake smh. Now they dont need to feel bad about letting KD go he is damaged goods.

2. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Holy ****! Guess it was an Achilles. GSW used him at all costs to try to win a championship. KD might never be the same after this injury. **** GSW organization!

ISOBall likes this.
  3. blackistan

blackistan Member

At the end of the day the decision is up to KD if he felt comfortable playing or not he chose to play while being medically cleared so blame can go both ways

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, I think that's like letting a blind man walk out into the street and when he gets hit by a bus, saying, "Well, it was his decision."

Richie_Rich, AB423 and tycoonchip like this.
  5. HROZ

HROZ Member

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This! This is why I hope the Rockets get enough good players to surround Harden where the Rockets can finally force Harden to take games off. It's not just about being physically capable of playing but mentally as well. Some people still think this is 2k.

Deckard likes this.
  7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I agree! I think it's disgusting to send him out to his demise no matter how much he wanted to play. Going to be an interesting off season forsure

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Durant is the moron who fell for his teammates peer pressure and now he’ll lose a year of basketball for it.

Congrats on being stupid

Ps: your career as a top 5 NBA player is over.

chadyang and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  9. Rocket_Man_2.0

I feel bad for Durant and I hate Durant....the Warriors used and abused him!! Warriors didn't care...from their view it's a win win...Durant comes back and helps win another ring or Durant comes back RGIII's himself...less competition next year when he leaves!!

#69 Rocket_Man_2.0, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

It was always an achilles injury, GS withheld that info out of respect for KD's impending free agency. Anyone who couldn't/can't see that absolutely can't read in between the lines... Kudos if the docs warned him not play and he did anyways.

Richie_Rich and mtbrays like this.
  11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Exactly 100%. It's like they rode the calf angle hard. Go back and look at the 2nd injury he rub his Achilles area then quickly remembers "oh yea, it's my calf".

mtbrays and chadyang like this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn you are a POS

King1 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

#74 durvasa, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I was honestly super depressed when I saw this. Those Canadians cheering are so disgusting.

Tfor3 and rockets13champs like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nah, it was just huge logic. All basketball people were wondering the same thing from the first injury and into the long absence.

Richie_Rich and Astrodome like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t sound like they warned him from that crocodile tear performance by Bob Myers.

forchette49 and Red Nation RGV like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

****ing idiots.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm not sure. He will miss nearly all of next season, and if you're investing 8-9 figures in someone, you look at the history of similar injuries and what it meant to careers. Kobe. Nique. And so on.

Durant without full lateral agility is what... still a 2017 era Dirk? Good player but no MVP candidate.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wonder if this is a cultural thing, or if that would have been the reaction in most stadiums under the same circumstances. This isn’t just any injury. It’s the NBA Finals, and a pivotal player who was coming back as a savior for his team and was on fire just went down. Maybe it’s a disgusting but all too human reaction from fans who aren’t think things through beyond the immediate question of whether it helps or hurts their team win a championship.

I’d like to think the vast majority of fans in the stadium were rightly aghast at what happened, but it was the loud, hand-wavey, obnoxious fans who standout on TV.