1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant calls Bosh "Fake Tough Guy"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets88MT, Jan 30, 2011.

1. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kevin Durant drew a rare technical foul for jawing with Miami's Chris Bosh in the first quarter of their game Sunday. And he wasn't done talking.

When Durant was asked after the game about the altercation, he said: "There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them."

Durant says he was upset because Bosh got involved in his conversation with a teammate. Bosh says Durant was telling James Harden that next time, he should dunk on Bosh. Bosh had fouled Harden on the previous play to prevent a fast-break layup.

Both Durant and Bosh were called for technical fouls. It was Bosh's second of the season and the first that will count against Durant, who also had one rescinded earlier this season.

Bosh says Durant "stood his ground, and I respect that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6074794

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I snickered...

3. AFS

AFS Member

Bosh had it coming

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

confused :confused:

How does a known soft guy become of fake tough guy? Eric Cartman is a fake tough guy, not Bosh. Bosh is just soft.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Repost from the other thread:

Not really a big deal, but is one of the few times KD has said anything negative about another player.

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/

Kevin Durant Rips Chris Bosh

Posted by Darnell Mayberry on January 30, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Five minutes, 14 seconds into Sunday’s showdown between the Thunder and Heat, two of the respective team’s big three got into a war of words.

Tempers flared. But the fireworks flamed out after only a few dirty looks.

Kevin Durant and Chris Bosh were both slapped with technical fouls.

After the game, both elaborated on the incident, with Durant taking exception to Bosh’s antics.

The incident began after Bosh delivered a hard foul to prevent Thunder guard James Harden’s fast-break layup. Durant, after trailing the play, shouted to Harden. Bosh then chimed in.

“He was telling Harden to dunk on me,” Bosh said. “He said dunk the next one. I expressed that, no, he’s not going to dunk that. And he expressed, yes he is. We just kind of went back and forth. I don’t think it was anything to get a tech over. It was just talking.”

Video replay showed Durant starting to walk away before Bosh began talking. Durant then stopped and barked back.

“I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his two cents into it,” Durant said. “I’m a quiet guy, a laid back guy. But I’m not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He’s on a good team now so he thinks he can talk a little bit. But it’s a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he’s one of them.”

Rarely has Durant gotten in an opponent’s face as he did Sunday. The fourth-year forward typically plays the role of peacemaker. But this time, Durant was sending a message to the suddenly star-studded Heat.

He wasn’t backing down.

“I’m no punk,” Durant said. “I wasn’t even talking to him, first-off. He decided to butt in. I’m not just going to let that slide, especially in our house. He’s not one of those guys that I look at and say he has a rep for talking back to guys or always getting into it. He’s a nice guy. He’s not one of those guys. So I’m not going to let that type of person say something to me like that.”

Durant said he and Bosh don’t have a history of bad blood, even calling the Heat forward a “cool dude.”

“But once I step on the floor, all that stuff goes out the door,” Durant said.

Bosh had no hard feelings.

“He stood his ground,” Bosh said. “I respect that.”

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

If that is all Bosh said not sure how that is trying to be a tough guy.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) that was nowhere near a hard foul by bosh.
    2) if that was what bosh said, KD is too sensitive. that isn't trash talking at all.

KD needs to take that aggression vs defenders who are stronger than him.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Bosh the role player should shut his mouth on the court, because people came to see Lebron and Wade play

Stop acting like you are still relevant because you are not bro

1 person likes this.
  9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

at least durant gave bron credit by saying bron is the best player in the game.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant is right on. Props to him for speaking the truth.

Let's see Bosh talk to Garnet in the playoffs.

Garnet to Robinson, "Dunk on him next time."

Bosh, ""C'mon sir, that is how guys get hurt, that is how serious injuries happen. We all want to play and provide for our families and have a job. If it is by somebody, don't dunk the ball, it's too close."

#10 Zboy, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  11. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

This thread will derail into bitter rocket fans who wanted Bosh in Houston, but now call him all kinds of names. Stay classey Houston.

12. University Blue

I didn't want LapDog in Houston, but he wanted the SPOTlight and now has it.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I want Durant on the Rockets and I want him now.

Kid is a ballaaaaaaaaaaa.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Hes a fugazy."

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

Rocket River

15. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

first amare now this. lotta players talking **** about the heat these days

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PvDMsQFhJEY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

When does Bosh act like a tough guy? I don't think anybody thinks Bosh is tough - well, at least I don't. If Durant had been playing in the era of Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, Charles Barkley, Rick Mahorn, etc., he would know what a tough guy power forward is.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I think Durant means Bosh is a "fake tough girl."

1 person likes this.
  19. Mr. Space City

me neither :confused:

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think what Bosh really said was "I'm a tough guy, aint nobody gon' dunk on meh"

hence the "fake tough guy" comment from Duran Duran.