1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duncan or Garnett?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketeer, Mar 31, 2000.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Tim is money in the bank inside and he is certainly MVP kinda stuff but what about KG. After watching him this season, he shows he can get even better. I mean, have you seen the guys range?!! Damn, the guy can fill it up from just about anywhere. If you had a chance to pick one out of the two to start a franchise, who would you pick? Just wanted to see some thoughts.

------------------
    www.rocketzone.web.com

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I like Garnett. Even though he makes more money than Donald Trump. Garnett can score so many ways, a good jump shooter from the arc too, posts up, faces up, rebounds, blocks shots, can HANDLE the ball like a guard.....all at close to 7' tall. Amazing. I love Duncan, but with the thoroughbreds we have now, Garnett would be a nice fit. No real shot at getting him though.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

rite now i would say Duncan.

KG is great, but his team suffers due to lack of good post play.

Duncan has a team with little perimeter success, but lifts his team anyways.

------------------
    "Round 1 of Walt vs. Odom goes to ... Wizard!"
    Not only am I president of the WaltWizFanClub, I'm also the member.

Oh yeah, and DoctorofDunk, Houston Rocks, RM95, Rocket Fan, TexSalsa, AzimdaDream, Johnny Rocket and Shanna.

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

That's a problem I wish we had. But, I couldn't make that call.

Production-wise they are equal (at least this year). Age-wise they're equal too (Garnett is 25 days younger).

I'm an intense sorta guy, so players who play with emotion and intensity really appeal to me. So, in that respect Garnett has the edge.

Duncan blocks more shots, but Garnett get more steals.

Duncan is taller and more of a post presence, but Garnett is a better passer.

It would all boil down to what other players you had on your team, and what direction that team was going.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

5. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I think KG could be better (the sky is the limit for this guy), but Duncan has the hardware and he is just a tad bit more polished right now. Depends if you are a little bit of a gambler, I would go for the Big Ticket if I were starting from scratch. If I was already really good and wanted the sure fire thing now, I'd go for Duncan. I don't think the Spurs would have one last year with Robinson and Garnett being the centerpiece of that team.

------------------