1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not part of this deal but likely a compensatory pick from losing Bouye.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You guys really have a hard time rooting for anyone but African-Americans, don't you?

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We couldn't even pry the supposedly "jimmy graham" instead we get potential picks and a shtty cb. Hate this trade cause we end up da loser and have to rely on the unreliable front office to pick someone that might contribute in 1-3 years time.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, it's obvious, but you aren't supposed to call him out on his racism. It's probably not his fault honestly, he was likely just raised wrong.

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They were trading an over the hill locker room cancer.....as it stands they got a steal, even thinking that they coudl get Jimmy Graham for garbage like Duane Brown is just being greedy.

6. texian

texian Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It seems odd that some people are forgetting that just yesterday Duane Brown was getting blown up by Dwight Freeney....again, something that wouldn't be completely embarrassing if it was 2009 instead of 2017

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nope everyone loves JJ Watt and Brian Cushing and Cole and Ryan Griffin and even Tom Savage who is heavily supporting Watson even in a demoted role.

9. Junebball

Junebball Member

Major reason I have been avoiding this Texans forum. Nowhere in the post you replied to suggested that the poster had race in mind. Can't we love sports for what it is and try not to bring race into this?

If this poster has previous history of bringing race into sports discussion, forgive my ignorance.

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Duane Brown is garbage but this garbage was literally the best offensive linemen on the team.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Brown wanted nothing to do with the Texans. He's wanted a trade for over 2 months now and that didn't change just bc he returned. The only reason he returned was to get his paycheck...but he still wanted out and the Texans followed through. Had Brown wanted to be a Texan, no way they trade him. I think were lucky to get any value for him given that we lose leverage the moment Brown makes it known he wants out.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He literally was not, so long as you are talking about this season, but I understand that you base your judgement on race and politics, so I could understand why you'd make such and outwardly stupid comment.

Nick Martin is by far the best O lineman on the Texans and it's not close. Your boy was getting blown up by Dwight Freeney....and no, I don't mean his son or grandson, THAT Dwight Freeney is still in the NFL and he made Duane Brown look like a rookie on multiple occasions.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You can trade compensatory picks... That rule was changed.

Cannonball and Bobbythegreat like this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Cut Cushing, trade watt If needed, let sht cb walk, we really need to sign or draft offensive line/ cb/safety.

Roc Paint likes this.
  16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

But you claim that others are wrong for stereotyping but look at this. Lol

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What stereotype? That racists are usually that way due to being raised wrong? LOL well, I stand by that. Maybe you think there is a biological answer for it....which wouldn't surprise me given your other hot takes, but it's more accepted that it is something that is learned.

rezdawg likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we are burying the lede on this one, I think by far the biggest result of the Duane Brown trade is that Houston is likely to face a serious crystal shortage now. How will people heal?

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Texans offensive line isn't good and this trade isn't going to help it this year. I just hope Watson doesn't get injured running for his life.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I agree that sometimes Bobbythegreat is obvious, but he's acting just like y'all. I believe that's the reason he pushes his agenda.