1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I read it kiddo, that's why I'm still laughing at you. Hell I even spelled out this whole thing to you already and yet you failed to follow along.

Again, I'm not expecting you Lin fan types to understand that trading away your boy was a good move....but you guys aren't really the people who matter

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Actually they gave away one less pick since we essentially gave them back Lane + 5th for their 3rd. Still better than the initial deal IMO.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Let's just wait and see at the end of the season who's the real winner. Seahawks makes it into da playoffs w/ db. We might b out of the playoffs but at least we still holding onto the magic picks from the trade.
    I have no faith in our GM, hence y i'm not so fast to call it a complete victory for the texans.
    This trade at best at this moment was to recoup loss. A fleecing is outright delusional. U view lin fans as a bad thing, but imagine how the posters felt when a savage dick rider was claiming how better savage was for our team than the savior Watson. Just shut up and wait for the picks to develop before claiming victory for our team.

U probably thought the houston got fleeced when we gave so many picks for harden too huh. typical savage dick rider.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Boobythegreat doesn't really have proof that im a lin fan, But whatevs I always liked patrick beverley more but there's nothing wrong supporting an ex rockets player unless that player is chandler parsons. We will always know that boobythegreat is a Savage Dick Rider and no matter how much he praise Watson now like the rest of us, it can't erase the fact that this Savage dick rider couldn't see Greatness at the start like most of us.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again.....the Team LOVED him..in the locker room. You keep ignoring that fact.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Did you just call Su'a-Filo a "really good starter"?

ipaman likes this.
  7. texian

texian Member

Chris Myers said Duane Brown hated McNair, hated Rick Smith, hated the coaches.

Brown has always been a member of O'Brien's player leadership council since he's been there.

I think I believe McClain -- it's always about the money.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

And hence, from a real inside source. Duane Brown was a cancer.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Clowney (an actual inside source) just said Duane Brown was a great team leader

so, #fakenews

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

Players respected Brown for his previous work on the field and being a former leader in the locker room, that doesn't take away from the fact that he was trying to sour the relationship with the front office to get traded which is a bad precedent for the young players...Being respected and a locker cancer aren't mutually exclusive i.e. Dwight Howard

Houstunna likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So, one 3rd is everything? Will be low-3rd.

Hopefully we make it count -- DBs and OLs

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seattle is likely good so they are gonna be low picks for their rounds

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Texans will have a shitload of cap space to sign a couple Olinemen and a couple of CBs.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

After extending Clowney.

15. MystikArkitect

There’s a cancer on this team alright....and it wasn’t Duane.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No...I'm really not, that just makes it worse that he was actively trying to be a cancer and sabotage the team. Seriously, how are you not following along with this?

17. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

And how is he doing that? Is Hopkins sabotaging the team? He did walk out on Friday a very important day for practice.

Now I am happy they traded him but was not happy with initial deal. Now that is was revised and Texas get two picks I’d say Rick did a hell of a job. Never will be against getting rid of players a year or two early.

Edit: forgot about Clowney and his not so vague shot at the owner

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That was all a result of having a cancer work them up about a non-issue. I blame them more for being stupid than anything else. It's the kind of thing we wouldn't see if not for Dwayne Brown doing his locker room cancer thing.

19. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

I certainly have not seen anything about Brown leading this. Is there proof you have to go with this statement or is it your belief?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was seen as the leader in the locker room when it came to the race baiting nonsense, which is why so many players ducked the questions by saying that Duane Brown spoke for them on those issues. I mean, the race baiting nonsense has been Duane Brown's big thing for over a year now.