1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duane Brown traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 30, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Him being a cancer has nothing to do with respect. You can respect the person that is trying to sabotage your team but it won't change the fact that he's trying to sabotage your team. Again, look at the damage he did in just one week of being with the team, if he stayed it would have only gotten worse.

I'm honestly not here for a political debate either, and that's why those who support him for political reasons are so annoying to me.

Again, the team absolutely fleeced the Seahawks in this deal and when I call him "washed up" it's because I just watched him get wrecked by a 37 year old that most people forgot was back in the league on multiple occasions. We can make excuses for him and say he was just "rusty", but you know how old he is....how many O linemen from his draft class are still in the league? The answer is 6 including Duane Brown and only 4 of them have started a game this season...including Duane Brown. I mean Duane Brown is only a few months younger than Joe Thomas....if he's got anything left in the tank, it's very little and he didn't show that he was worth a damn on Sunday. That's my point.

When it comes to being the "greatest OL we've had to date".....well at one point the greatest DB we had to date was Dunta Robinson, how much does that mean now? Duane Brown will be largely forgotten just like Robinson was.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You have no facts to backup your claim of Brown being a cancer. Please describe this damage and sabotage that you continue to speak of. The only people that have painted Brown in a negative light are the fans upset with by his holdout and/or views.

You are absolutely here for a political debate, otherwise you’d have no reason whatsoever ever to label one the top five all time Texans a cancer. Being upset over his holdout is one thing, but labeling him as washed up and a cancer is ridiculous and baseless. Nothing more than an emotional partisan opinion void of facts.

Your posts in here are often solid, but you ruin it all with BS like this.

csj likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude you're making stuff up. Freeney was "wrecking" or dominated? Pete Carroll would laugh at you. The guy only played 18-20 of 70+plays. If he was dominating why didn't he play more? Freeney had 1 tackle and half-a-sack! You're hilarious and embarrassing yourself. You're just bent because Brown is outspoken which is fine but damn you have a great imagination.

Brown wanted money and didn't get it, so the guy wanted out & talked his way out of town. The quickest way out is to publicly take shots at your boss. He did and got traded. This wasn't about 1 game, it was about a holdout, bruised egos & MONEY! IT'S PRO SPORTS! It happens. Move on.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

At worst brown was a distraction, how can u be a fking cancer if u lost to the Seahawks by only 3 points and it was because your coach was a being a p***y. Stop pushing shtty opinions without any proof. It was like da time u were critizing the savior Watson because u thought savage was better. Oh and any trade where u have to pay back a pick to get rid of a "washed up" player is not a fleecing of the other team, we had the leverage of a failed trade.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

3rd rounder is decent enough.

All Lane has to do is be better than what we already have.

F*** Brown !!!

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

THIS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC STATEMENT I'VE HEARD ANYBODY SAY IN A LONG TIME! "HIM BEING A CANCER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RESPECT". Dued, do you really understand what you're saying? It's just like you are saying, Kim Jong In is crazy but you have to respect him......Wow!

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's funny watching new posters discover BTG

Buck Turgidson and red5rocket like this.
  9. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree. I would've been happy with a 3rd for a 32 yr old player but a 2nd too, is crazy! Great trade for the Texans. We can piece together a O-Line this yr., let the backs chip block more against certain pass rushers. Love the trade

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Lane got sent back to Seattle?

texans1095 likes this.
  11. ths balla

ths balla Member

Distraction, cancer, its all semantics...Thrilled for what we got for a guy who never wanted to be hear

Bobbythegreat and smitheygerard like this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm not thrilled that we have a bad Ol and we traded our best olineman.

If Watson gets hurt, this is on McNair

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He did.

14. rockets13champs

hes coming home back to Houston.. Yes Duane Brown

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's like saying Kim Jong Il is a cancer to his country even if his people love him. Try to follow along.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Watson and the offense was really struggling until Brown returned. What will we do now that he's gone again? :(

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't know that he was doing everything in his power to sabotage the team this season then you haven't been paying attention, you might think Duane Brown is a top 5 Texan, but he'll be quickly forgotten because he ruined his legacy with the team by the way he handled himself at the end. Dunta Robinson was a top 5 Texan at the time he left too.

They didn't allow the cancer more than 1 week to do damage, which was smart. Anyway, I know that Duane Brown has "Lin fans" who support him because they like his race baiting politics but from a football standpoint, the Texans just fleeced the Seahawks.....even if the "Lin fan" types can't see it.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Apparently he failed his physical, so SEA now must give us more pick(s).

I accept.

19. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Love this trade for multiple reasons. For one, getting a 2nd and a 3rd for a 32 LT who's contract is up after next season is a good return. Two, I'm not so sure Brown even wanted to play in Houston, so getting that return for him is fantastic.

Is Brown still a quality LT? Absolutely. But is it a good deal if you're able to acquire a 2nd and 3rd for a 32 LT who wasn't going to be here past next season anyways and no longer wanted to be in Houston? Absolutely.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans didn't get the 5th, they gave the 5th to the Seahawks for the 2nd. Still an absolute fleecing of the Seahawks getting a 2nd and a 3rd for a cancerous over the hill LT.