1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexler out as UH coach

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by keeley, Mar 30, 2000.

Tags:
  1. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

read about it <a href="http://transfer.go.com/cgi/transfer.pl?name=4148&SOURCE=4148&srvc=sz&goto=http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2000/0330/454935.html">here</a>.

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Certaintly can't find fault in these reasons for resigning, but on the other hand how is this going to effect UH's recruiting class now?

------------------
    I wish I had a million lottery balls...He-haw!

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

That's disappointing. I think just having Clyde there brought interest to the Coogs....

Anyone here about tha 6'10" (Aston, Alton, something with an "A") guy from the Houson area that was supposed to go to U of H? Is he still going?

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow, did he think that UH was going to play all its games at home while he was coach? He knew two years ago that he would spend time away from his family. Spending 20 years playing around coaches should have prepared him for that.

I've grown sick and tired of that excuse. Maybe he should come out with the truth and admit he was a crappy coach.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

5. Jenna

Jenna Member

It's truly amazing how many people at UH are excited over Drexler's "resignation." From the small sample of people I talked to, if the ratio would hold up among the total number of people there, 95% are happy to see Clyde glide right on out.

I got word about this sometime around 10:00, when I was walking to class and a friend of mine, who has had a lot of contact with Clyde, ran up to me with the biggest smile on his face and told me what was going on. I've seen this guy happy before, but not this happy. He's a graduating senior to top it off - it's not like he was ever going to have to deal with him again.

Anyhoo, the rumor around campus is that it was a mutual resignation between Drexler and UH. Translated to English: Drexler could quit or UH could fire him. As I'm sure most of you know, he has not had a "friendly" relationship with almost everyone there. The players aren't thrilled with him, especially after he publicly trashed them. The staff, well, the staff just didn't like him. The students for the most part didn't give a hoot - I think Clyde was actually offended that people weren't running up to him every two seconds to get his autograph. Heck, this is a campus where we constantly see the likes of Carl Lewis, Leroy Burrell, Hakeem Olajuwon, and if you want to get wierd, Dominique Sachse on a daily basis. I never cared that Clyde was standing behind me at Pizza Hut, desperately wanting the last cheese pizza, and I took it (true story). I looked behind me, saw him, and went on - as everyone else did. To be honest, he was starting to remind me a lot of - dare I say - Scottie Pippen.

I'm sure there are 4 or 5 people upset about this news, but all I can say is wooooo-hoooooo! My guess is we'll see him with the Clippers in a few months.....

------------------
    Jen
    Always defending You-Know-Who

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Clyde is suck.

------------------
    We will ball.