1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dream's old house for sale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cranberry_Juice, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Cranberry_Juice

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he had a newer modern house in the 2000s, I remember him doing a tour there. This house looks all right, but to be honest, it looks old and outdated, and the only thing the house has going for it is that it's Hakeem's old house.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Not too sure about that area but it being closer to Spring and the heavy downfall of that area, that could be the reason.

Game7 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

$595,000?

Not $199,900? or $990,000? or $999,999? What 99er is gonna buy it? ;)

6. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Looks like the one in Northgate off 1960 in NW Houston.

7. rockpileindisma

Well apparently they already "own everything" so there isn't really a point

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That's a steal, wonder why it's so cheap.

9. Game7

Game7 Member

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Pretty much this - looks like a money pit for remodeling costs to me but you know someone will buy it.

Is this reflective of Houston luxury home pricing in the burbs these days? My house here in Austin is worth not too much less than that and is like 1/4 the size of that house and has none of the country club amenities.

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

It's a dream home.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed - even if you had to put $100-200K in the house to remodel it, that house would be worth $4 million in a different neighborhood.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This house was built in 1983, so it's going to have low ceilings, a pretty outdated floor plan, and a whole host of issues that come along with a 30+ year old house. Combine that with the fact that the area outside of Northgate has not aged well, and it's a recipe for declining property values. Luxury homes in affluent suburbs like Sugar Land, Katy, Woodlands, etc. would go for at least triple the value.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Funny you should mention Sugar Land - my parents are from there and I have a lot of family living in those old homes near the Imperial Sugar Factory. Seeing all the development in that area over the years is mind blowing(I remember nothing being out there 35+ years ago) but what kills me is that the old homes in that area are still worth next to nothing(sometimes under 100k) while across the creek there will be luxury properties worth $500k-$750k. In Austin that normally means the neighboring properties(especially older ones) are bought and either updated/remodeled or are torn down entirely and new modern structures are put up in it's place however in Houston there appears to be no market for that type of gentrification - at least not in Sugar Land. I wonder if that is a Houston thing or more that I'm living in an Austin bubble where creaky old, poorly maintained homes built in the 50s can be bought for $500k, torn down, and modern crap built is built right on the old foundation making the house instantly a million dollar+ property....

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What you describe is exactly what is going on in the Bellaire, TX market and across 59 in the upper Kirby area south of river oaks in 77027. (And parts of Meyerland area south of Bellaire). Oh- also South of memorial city mall. I've probably missed a few areas but Bellaire TX has been hot for this since our last Rockets championship to present. Except- the expensive old property (land Is the commodity - not structure) is torn down INCLUDING old foundation and a new modern home worth 1.5 million goes up next door to a 1950s home worth 500 grand.

#15 Tfor3, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Yup that's downtown Austin just east of I-35 for sure.

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Does the samurai costume convey?

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Tell me about it.....I live in one of those properties across the creek, and I'm well aware of the disparity in property values in 77479/77498.

And because of the soil make-up of Houston (and subsequent development/increase of impermeable surfaces), chances are if you have a property over 35 years old, you have structural damage to your foundation.....especially inside the loop.