1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Dec 26, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Draymond wasn't as good as he was 2016 last year too.

One of the reasons GSW was weaker.

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I dunno about that mayne. I think he would be valuable on most teams given the other attributes he brings on the court (or brought the past few seasons). Main issue right now is his 3pt shooting but some teams might need value that from him but rather value his defensive ability, etc.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Didn't they already find the next one in Jordan Bell?
    How is he doing lately? Last I heard he was struggling just like Draymond and hasn't been consistent.
    If they can get more from Bell then I imagine they'd feel better about letting Draymond walk or trading him.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Harden took his soul when he dunked on him last year. He will never be the same.

6. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

Yeah that was pretty much the end of him.

He's now just 100% scrub talk, he use to be 50/50 cause refs let him get away with it and his teammates backed him up. But now he's on an island.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not the only one who thinks Draymond knows Durant is about to push him out for the b****ing contest they had earlier in the season, am I?

joshuaao and BigShasta like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I believe that Green is more important to the Warriors than Durant is. If they had to choose between having another elite scorer and a super glue guy, they should pick the latter.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet the crazy part is that, if Durant is willing to stay, they'll most likely pick the former.

I would be all in on Draymond if he ends up being jettisoned, either by trade or FA, from the Warriors. He could easily be our 2nd or 3rd best defender behind CP3 or Capela.

The 3 point shooting flaw with him is likely a result in loss of confidence. It looks like Draymond is at peak Draymond when he's confident and talking mad sh**. Lately he has been bringing neither of those aspects to the table for GS.

Easy likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Which is all more the reason the Rockets need to make the additions necessary. The league is wide open right now. A few key additions (that are possible) and some luck (injuries) and we can win the West.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the thing is gsw were never that good anyway to begin with.., most of it was injury luck and the hype.... teams were playing scared of them and the refs and media helped a lot

remember how all the league and the whole world was shocked when morey proclaimed our goal is to beat gsw or something to that effect ..it was how how dare you!! who in the world would even try something like that?! ..are you crazy or what?
    it shows you how mesmerized all of NBA were with them

it was mostly mental...all of the success in the world is 80% mental

BigShasta and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Which is all more the reason the Rockets need to make the additions necessary. The league is wide open right now. A few key additions (that are possible) and some luck (injuries) and we can win the West.

Yup, with switching, he can shut down two players at times. The Warriors defense would be an absolute mess without Green and a useful Iggy.

13. Nook

Nook Member

They lose either and they don't win any more titles.

The Rockets were knocking them off before injury.

Now Iggy is older and slower and there are a handful of teams capable of beating them if they are without one of their starters. Hell, the Warriors lose to the Rockets in 5 games last year without Durant.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Draymond is a VASTLY superior defender to Capela and even CP3. Other than Leonard, there is no one that is his equal, and even Leonard doesn't switch as well as Draymond.

noppeper, joshuaao, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

False.

You don't luck up on 3 championships in the past 4 years without having some semblance of a superior squad.

They had 3 All-Star players on the same team before Durant even got to the Warriors.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

His rotations and help defense are breathtaking when he is 100% locked in.

His PnR defense is able to cover both capela rolling and guard harden at the rim. Just impeccable timing and smarts.

I dislike the guy and he definitely has a weakness offensively, but hes one of the best defenders of all time.

noppeper, Vivi and Nook like this.
  17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm cool with that.

CP is aging so his defense isn't what it has been, specifically this season.

Capela is still young and learning how to play off-ball defense, but he's definitely top 5 center defensively in the league.

My point was Draymond could easily boost this team's overall defensive rating and efficiency with his versatility the way PJ has (as a Draymond lite for us) these past couple seasons.

Nook likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The warriors defense will crumble if they lose Green. He's an obnoxious tool, but his defensive awareness is astounding. Him and the aging Iguodala are the foundation of everything they have done on the defensive end. Him getting moved or forced out has always been my realistic dream for their downfall.

Curry is a bad defender, and Thompson isn't nearly as good defensively as his rep (although he's not bad by any means).

19. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly.

Steph Curry is a really exploitable player in a one on one situation. The Rockets feasted on him defensively.

Thompson is a good one-on-one defender, but nothing special when forced to rotate.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

all star selection is a joke

one year zaza was almost an allstar

if refs are helping you you can win 5 championships without a superior squad

imagine dwight being allowed to get away with and do what draymond did regularly?

lol not even lebron can get into the refs face as draymond even as of today

i am not saying they werent good.. they were, but not that much better than other squads.. they are good now also and if refs help them there will be champs again..it doesnt mean they are better at basketball than others

it was mostly hype refs and injury luck