1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green with the 16th pick???

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by johnnydeezy1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think he could fall to the bottom of the first round / top of the second round.

Green would be an excellent complement to Parsons; both seem like "jack-of-all-trades" kind of players.

If Green is still there at the bottom of the 1st / top of the 2nd, I'd try and trade for a pick to draft him.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really like Draymond Green - but as a second round pick.

Too much risk with his size!

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Muaz

Muaz Member

He's really good but he really is a bad example of a tweener though he's to small for the pfs and too slow for the sfs his smarts should help him a bit but I don't think he's worth it at 16

7. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Too high. He can be snagged lower. I actually really like this guy. Can do a lot of stuff very well and carried his Michigan State team.

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hell no. If Morey took him at 16, he should be fired.

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Trade one of our assets for a late 1st and I'm okay with taking Draymond.

11. smr6

smr6 Member

Ehhh, he's a good player but no thanks. Wouldn't pick him that high, and we don't really have a need for him considering we have the taller version of him in Parsons already.

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

"So let's take a closer look at two relatively short, stocky power forwards who are among the next names on the list: Sullinger and Draymond Green. Will these guys put up numbers? Very likely. Will they be able to guard their position? That is a much more open question and why they won't go as highly as Draft Rater places them. Green, in particular, is a massive defensive question mark."

This is quoted from Hollinger's draft rater article. He puts Green at #16. However, If you can get him in second round, why bother?

Personally, I think there're better prospects even in early second round.