1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green is like a poor man's Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You're right. That's pretty damn insane.

:eek:

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Draymond Green is a huge tool, that much is easy to agree on.

Much like Curry the system does a ton to utilize his best skills, but you couldn't simply replace him and get even close to the same production. He is insanely valuable to that team. When you look at the on/off numbers he is second only to Curry, and then there is a big drop off to the 3rd most valuable player.

The numbers looked similar last year. Curry, then Green, then a big fall off to number 3. Thompson gets some hype and has the flashy stats, but there really is no comparison between the 2, Green is way more valuable. And when you are that important to a team that is as good as they have been the last 2 years, it's impossible for me to not respect the hell out of your game, even if I hate the person. What he may or may not do elsewhere means nothing to me becuase they are the best team in the world, not some gimmicky non factor.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Chuck couldn't hit the backside of a barn...:p

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

remember when we used to dominate them and draymond green was just a trash talker who could only play decent defense? :(

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You respect his game so much more when he's in your fantasy team, and you watch Warriors games to watch him.

He does so damn much.

Whether or not he should be ejected every game for the way he talks to officials is another thing though.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I believe Grant hill is like 9th all time in trip dubs but amazing thing is he got most of those in like his first 4 years or something crazy like that IIRC

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Were seeing this a lot more in this generations NBA where average players are just blowing up into stardom out of nowhere. Product of the system and or game changing? Before if you were a scrub for 3-4 years, you were a scrub your whole career, now dudes are jumping up from scrub to all star just like that. One could make a case for it being just a lack of true talent.

8. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

How many triple doubles did Lance Stephenson makes when he was a Pacer?

9. Major

Major Member

It happened in the past too - we just tend to remember the "star" part of their careers. John Stockton, for example, didn't even start his first 3 years and never averaged more than 8 pts per game.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I'd like to see the Warriors trade Green just so we can figure out if he's a system player or he has talent. Let's see how he plays in a Rockets uniform.

11. San Jose Rocket

Steve Nash is another example. Took him 5 years...

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

He's better than LeBron.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

He had an insane Assist% even off the bench where he averaged 5.1 in 18mpg as a rookie, 7.4apg in 23.6 mpg 2nd year and 8.2 in 22.7mpg his 3rd year. Today with analytics, this dude would have played 40mpg by his 2nd year and got near career highs passing to Adrian Dantley who was still scoring like 29ppg and young Karl Malone.

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

People here must not really watch Warriors games. Green is easily the second most important player on GS, and he's not far behind Curry.

You don't go 33-3 without multiple levels of elite talent, I don't care what system you have.

You put a PF/C that can

1. drive the ball and make layups
    2. shoot 40%+ from 3
    3. play DPOY defense on the PG through Center.
    4. can protect the rim
    5. makes great decisions while averaging 7.5 assists a game
    6. character/Emotional leader/enforcer
    7. makes all the hustle plays
    8. plays even better after getting PAID

you put this player on ANY team and he does well. You swap Green for Howard and we're a top 4 seed, if not better right now.

How anyone can hate this kind of player makes no sense to me. I LOVE these types of players. I wish the rockets had even ONE player that had as much heart and hustle as Draymond Green even without all the skills, just heart.

How can anyone question his talent at this point? This is just ridiculous. You guys don't watch basketball.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He is.

And Royce White is a mentally-ill man's LeBron James.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont think we give Draymond as much credit as he really deserves...Sans Curry's unconscious shooting in the 4th, the Warriors were out of sorts and just plain blah without Draymond last night. He seems to be their calming force on the court. He makes timely plays (rebounds/steals/post-scoring/3-point shots). He truly is a very underrated player and the Warriors are lucky to have such a beast.

17. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

One day TJ will show the world that he's on Draymond Green's level. One day....

For all of Maori's fascination with undersized versatile PFs, hopefully the irony of him kissing so many toads but letting the prince get away is not lost on him. Too bad analytics can't measure heart.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are saying one day TJ will be the poor man's Draymond Green who is the poor man's LeBron? :grin:

19. i3artow i3aller

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he eats sweaty boogers too, weird. thats something a homeless man's lebron would do. a poor person would probably pick their dirty ass then suck on their fingers :/

we got the poor man's lebron in harden, stat-wise. instead of being a bad ft shooter, he guarantees to miss at least one every game. somewhat the same thing