1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green calls Hardens flails "unnatural basketball plays"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

And Harden doesn't have the potential to injure someone like Green does when he kicks.

2. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I live in San Francisco and I regularly ball with "Warriors fans". Next time i'm going to pull a draymond green on these fans and be like, it's okay guys.. it's my natural body movement, just like green!

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden's moves are basketball plays, like jumping into a defender that got airborn. It's only when it's a non basketball play, that natural/unnatural comes into it.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

My understanding was that the rules were changed for both players this offseason. The swipes and raises were addressed, and the kicks. I don't get what he is griping about. He;s just an idiot who can't adapt. And it is costing his team.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Says the dirtiest player in the NBA on the dirtiest team in the NBA. **** this moronic idiot.

6. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

He kicked someone again.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Bringing your arms up to shoot is about as natural a basketball move a season it gets. Scissor kicking your opponents? Not so much...

DonKnock likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Someone needs to deck him.

DD

abaker28 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't stand Green, but he and everyone else knows that Harden isn't even trying to shoot the ball half the time. His dirty little trick is within the rules, and it gets him to the free throw line. I would hate him if he were on any other team. He purposely jerks his arms up under someone else, bringing on the foul himself, then flails his arms up in the air like he was actually trying to shoot. It is disgusting to me, but so was the way Shaq used to just bulldoze into guys and draw fouls. It racks up the points when the refs call them, and it doesn't matter if he can't get to the rim without getting shots blocked, or if is 3pt shot is off. He just jerks his arms up under a defender and flails away.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I agree with Green to the following, very limited extent: contact that is 100% initiated by the offensive player against a defender in legal position should not be whistled as a defensive foul.

Harden's fouls drawn are 10% (at most) that type of calls. And they have absolutely nothing to do with Draymond Green kicking people in the face, which is a violent, unsafe play that doesn't belong in basketball.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

To paraphrase, 'The league should let me kick people as long as I can make it look like it was part of the play. If it's in the nuts or face, I've worked too hard at this skill to just let it go to waste because of your stupid rules. The NBA is a kicking league. I should kick when and who I want, where I want.'

Draymond has lost his mind.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is the thing though, Shane Battier would shut Harden down, or severely limit his game because he paid attention to details and knew how to use the rules to his favor....

If a player is undisciplined and is reaching and Harden can take advantage of that lack of discipline, then good job Harden.

DD

DonKnock and Deuce like this.
  13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

The league really needs to suspend him for at least 2 games. This is totally unacceptable.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The only irony is that Harrell is also kind of prone to kicking. You replay some of Harrell hammer dunks or rebounds and the guy has this reflex kick but in much more subtle form.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

lol. just lol. Smokey said it best, "I gotta laugh to keep from cryin...." lol.

That sneaker plant on Harden's face must have shook his brains out of his ass.

16. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

Draymond is dry snitching. He's the cat on First 48 who gets caught and then dimes on everybody else. Snitches get stitches Draymond....LOL;););););)

17. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

lol is he taunting the nba? first of all hes doing exactly what he criticized harden for then he kicks up after all that motion was done.... smh

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Just because of the timing of it doesn't make it any less of a naturally occurring movement that happens in basketball.

Harden's "tricks" are a 2 hand scoop layup motion and a shooting motion.

When is kicking ever used in basketball?

If Green doesn't want to deal with people using a layup motion or a shot motion perhaps he'd be better suited playing soccer, where he can utilize that restless leg syndrome of his

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

If you're lazy and you keep your hands near harden he will make you pay. Simple as that. Lou Williams from LAL does the same thing now. Don't reach or you will get called for the foul. Commentators can't even complain anymore, see GSW game when curry kept reaching in. The only douche move of Harden is that hook he does on opponents arms sometimes to get the foul, especially after he gets them on a screen and they reaching in trying to stay in contact with him. It's "crafty" for us fans but you can't deny its cheap as hell.

Draymonds antics are not designed to take advantage of the rules. They are just cheap shots and they were rightfully addressed by the rules committee this offseason

DonKnock likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Green is a dirty jerk, which Harden isn't. All I am saying is that Harden draws fouls intentionally and you can't make me believe for a minute he is really trying to shoot half the time he does that. Sometimes it is so ridiculously fake it amazes me he even gets the call, but the rules are on his side. It's as annoying as flopping to me, but the difference is that flopping isn't supposed to be allowed.