1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Swift Turnaround

Remember the Lakers-Blazers series??
    How they didn't have anyone to guard Rasheed?
    well, guess what?
    we don't either, so that is ONE point for Moiso and Zero for Dermarr.....Moiso can, "look Rasheed in the eye" (someone said that on this board)......and if they took lakers to seven games, and now the lakers are looing for a Power Forward in that Position, then Moiso is better if we wanna compete with Blazers or Lakers in the future....

BUT, Dermarr supposedly has more potential than Moiso, where as, we don't need a superstar at PF, moiso would be fine coz he WILL BE better than average.....but dermarr will be the star....he''s gonna be great, a future all-star....SO, ONE moiso, and ONE Dermarr.....

AND, we wanna get rid of the wizard.....so Dermarr would fit in perfectly at the 3 and he IS 6'9......Moiso would play at the 4 therefore making walt less expendable......SO, moiso-ONE, dermarr-TWO....

BUT, PFs are much harder to come by than SFs and a PF who measured 7'0 is even HARDER to come by......he's better than dermarr defensively......T-wolves won't tear us repeatedly (Garnett) like the past season.....SO, Moiso-TWO, Dermarr-TWO....

Francis digs Dermarr since he's from D.C.
    getting the franchise player's vote is really great isn't it?(Antonio Daniels ring a bell?)
    So Moiso-TWO.......Dermarr-THREE.......

i can't think of anymore, do any of you have any suggestions??
    score is 3-2 for Dermarr...........

2. MManal

MManal Member

Yup, as you can see, there are good solid reasons for each pick. Its going to be a tough decision for the Rockets, but I think they have set their sights on DerMarr Johnson.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think I recall saying the "look Wallace in the eye" but, I can't find where.

I am leaning towards Dermarr as well. Everyone's saying there'll be a PT crunch, I don't see it. In 2-3 years down the road, when hopefully we're contending, we'll have Francis-Anderson-Mobley-Dermarr (assuming we pick him) manning the 1-2-3, 4 guys for 3 slots. Then we just add in a big swingman that won't need more than 20 MPG, or a 3/4 combo guy, and we're set 1-2-3.

I want them both, and getting them both would be a killer draft and create a definitely fearsome team. A little birdie sailing through the air told me the Rockets want #10 with #9. [​IMG]

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Although I want Miller, I agree it looks to be Dermarr.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Rudys plan is to get a DC BOY so if cuttino leaves francis still has someone that he knows pretty good. Can you imagine a backcourt of Francis and Dermarr?

BACKCOURT 2001.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'd rather keep Mobes.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

7. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

I'd rather have both [​IMG]

------------------

8. the-a-train

the-a-train Member

didnt cd say that theyll pick the best player available? then if demarr is available, take the guy. rite?

------------------
    Chugga, Chugga, Chugga, WOO WOO!!!!

9. alaskansnowman

Nike - It'll be really hard for the Rockets to get both the #9 and #10 picks, even if Big O said the Rockets would try to get them. That would be really cool if we could get them though, especially if Dermarr was still available. But we'd be an inexperienced team again with 2 more rookies, but that doesnt matter.

WE'd have to pull some crazy s*** off to get the #10 also.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Kenny, Wizard and the 38th pick for 10th pick.

We draft Dermarr with the 9th and Moiso at 10.

Future Team

CATO
    MOISO
    DERMARR
    SHANDON
    FRANCIS

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

11. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

In my opinion, our best chance for the 10th pick, is if Prysbilla falls down to us at #9.

There is an interesting battle going on between Orlando and Chicago for TMac. A key ingredient to who gets him has to do with Tim Thomas and Jermain Oneal. They all want to play together somewhere. Portland is willing to trade J.Oneal for someone to give them Prysbilla, which is probably the only way someone gets Oneal.

If Prysbilla falls to us, Orlando would probably be willing to part with their #10 and #13 for Prysbilla, and then we could pick Johnson with our #10. We'd lose Moiso, but we could trade our #13 to Dallas for their pick next year in a deeper draft, so they could take Crawford. Now if Dallas took Crawford instead at #12, we might be able to pick up Oyedji at #13, if we wanted him.

Chicago might also be willing to trade with us if they think they are going to get Tmac, but the latest scuttlebutt is that he's probably going to Orlando.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

12. the-a-train

the-a-train Member

sherlock, i agree with u on the pryzbilla thing. portlands gonna go after him. and oneal is gonna be involved. well, do u think that pryzbilla will actually fall that low? in my mock draft, i have him as high as # 5. Ive never seen the guy play but i dont know if he'll fall down to #9. That said, we've GOTTA be sure that we can get the 10. I dont think we should even try to mess up gettin demarr. if u didnt know already, the guys gonna be gooood. and anyway, can any of u salary cap guys (that means u heypartner and AELLIOT) tell me if orlando can afford tmac and another supasta? i.e. hill, duncan

------------------
    Chugga, Chugga, Chugga, WOO WOO!!!!

[This message has been edited by the-a-train (edited June 24, 2000).]

13. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

With "superstars" getting 9 mill a piece, they can't afford 2 superstars, unless they create a crazy scenario (send away all three of their lottery picks for other things, and drop off a few player's contracts for picks, difficult things to do), they can afford 1, and another at about 5-6 million.

It all depends with what they do with other things, how much they sign guys for, when they sign them etc. All things are pointing to only being able to get 1.

------------------

14. dice7_11

dice7_11 Member

orlando probably won't be able to afford 2 superstars.

Thats why i am a strong beleiver in rebuilding through the draft and getting your superstars through the draft because once the 3 years are over you can resign them for the max and it wont hurt your salary cap instead of rebuilding through free agency and having 1 player take up almost all of your cap room.

15. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I agree with you, dice7_11. I wish the Rockets had kept most of their draft picks from the last several years: We could have been consistently good with Horry, Cassell, Dickerson, Harrington, Hakeem, Drew, Cuttino, and Kenny Thomas. Even Eric Riley would have been a serviceable backup for Hakeem. And we could still have Randy Livingston, Sam Mack and Sam Mitchell on our bench. Lord help 'em if we had picked Rashard Lewis instead of Tucksan.

I can even justify trades to pick up unsigned draft choices (like Francis) because we sign them to their first contract and get on-track for Larry Bird rights and breathing room under the "CAP." But going after these Free Agents isn't so freeing when all factors are accounted for.

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

16. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

I must agree with atrane and snowman.

There is no way that we can't get dermarr. From what i hear he's gonna be the steal of the draft. Either way, he's a big, athletic, small forward which is just what the Rockets need.

------------------

17. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

The new rookie contracts are 4 years, with an optional 5th year.

RR-then we'd be stuck in mediocrity-a 6 or 7 playoff seed, with no chance of getting much better.

------------------

18. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

You have to like the chances that the Rockets take DerMarr @ 9 if he is still on the board & yes if Mobley bailed it would help ease the pain but if he stayed I think the Rockets would feel real good going into camp.

------------------