1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Down Low: Life in the D-League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr_oily, Jan 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Did anyone catch that on ESPN tonite?
    I thought it was a pretty good show.
    I'm glad that one guy finally got his teeth cleaned!:D
    But what was he talking about in the beginning that he hadn't worked in 5 years because of basketball or not being able to do anything else?! Kinda crap is that?! Get a job buddy like the rest of us! Good thing he made it though, I wonder how much $$ they get for a year?

2. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I was watching it in the afternoon last week--they showed Alex English tell Paul MacPherson that he was getting cut because he had a crappy attitude and didn't work hard.

"I guess I am going back to Chicago."

Hardcore, but classic nonetheless.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

D-League players get about 30K/year....Not a bad chunk of change for only working a few months per year, although the job security isn't very high...If you're 30 years old and still playing in the NBDL, you might as well forget about the NBA and get a real gig quickly...

4. mduke

mduke Member

I saw the show, hoping to see a buddy of mine(Tyrone Ellis of Huntsville), and I liked it. I do think that Tezale Archie (the pg that got cut) should've stayed, he was better than the pg that Tes Whitlock got in an argument with...

Also, Paul McPherson is still getting paid by Denver, so he is getting paid a lot for just" chillin" in Chicago:rolleyes:

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I believe the NBDL has a rule where you can't stay in the league more than 5 years.

And for Texas fans, Gabe Mouneke is playing very well in the NBDl right now.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That guy Makhtar N'Jaye isn't funny.