1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Know Your Role

I was being sarcastic about EG leading the team. Of course he's too old. However I appreciate the effort EG put in this summer to raise his game to the next level. Effort I do not see from James Harden.

2. Know Your Role

Like everyone's almost MVP but quit on the team James Harden. I didn't see Westbrook quit in game 5 against us.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Ok bro let’s trade Harden & build around Eric Gordon & draft picks.

Go make a thread about it I promise i’ll back you up.

DonKnock and roslolian like this.
  4. Know Your Role

What I mean with EG is we can keep him a year or so to pad his stats and send him to a real contender for some nice young pieces and or draft picks. This is a full process rebuild not a broken tmac for kmart for OKC's finals disappearing star guard rebuild I'm talking about.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I've read some pretty horrible takes on clutchfans but these may be in the "top 10 worst takes of all time".

@DonKnock You can save yourself a few seconds each game by just permanently adding @Know Your Role to your list moving forward.

6. Know Your Role

Because I have an opinion of a player who isn't performing to the level that is expected of him? Why are his failures so quickly overlooked when the regular season starts? We're no closer to a championship now than when we had Hayes, Scola, Kmart, Dragic, and Ariza.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

okay I'll play. if we had X instead of harden last year we should have been closer to the championship

who is X?

8. mightybosstone

No, I saw Westbrook play with pitiful basketball IQ, taking ill-advised shots, running 100 mph for the first three quarters and then playing tired, sloppy basketball in the fourth quarter of every game. Give me Harden over Westbrook 9 times out of 10. Effort does not equal good basketball, and we shouldn't confuse the two.

DonKnock and roslolian like this.
  9. Know Your Role

Dramon Green and Kawhi Leonard

10. Know Your Role

It looked a lot better than game 6 Harden. I do not recall any basketball expert questioning if WB was drunk or on drugs.

11. vlaurelio

are you saying both or either one?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

X is supposed to be just one thing, know your signs. It's not that complicated, Harden's just 1 guy how come your replacement are multiple guys?

Hey if we had X instead of Harden I bet we win a ring. Who is X? Uh, Jordan, Lebron, Pippen, Hakeem, Rodman, Kobe, Nash, Tim Duncan, Shaq and Magic. Duh :rolleyes:

Also it's such a joke to see some random nobody demanding championships left and right who are you again?

DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Getting to the 2nd round certainly looked better than a first round exit.

14. vlaurelio

if I have to guess he's a clown with initials KM

15. mightybosstone

He was awful in that game. No one's debating that. But one game should not be enough of a sample size to completely condemn a professional athlete as a failure or a quitter. I could point to a single game in the career of every Hall of Fame NBA player that would make them look bad. That's not exactly a fair barometer to judge NBA talent, is it? Does Lebron's awful series against the Mavericks in 2011 somehow negate all of his other titles and accomplishments? No.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. marky :)

At this rate you might have all the spots in the "top 10 worst takes of all time" list.

DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  17. Know Your Role

Seriously, have you ever seen anything like that game 6 in sports? Ever? I've been following the Rockets since President Regan was in his first term. Never, ever have I seen a player do anything close to that.

18. Know Your Role

Because we could of drafted those guys before James came here. We took Marcus Morris in 2011 at 14 and Royce White in 2012 with 18.

19. Know Your Role

That's ok, I can make up lists as well. Top Ten James Harden Excuse Makers.

20. marky :)

Except I haven't excused him in any of my responses to you. :rolleyes:

You do you bro.

DonKnock likes this.