1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yep I was pretty peeved with the way the Rockets were playing early on. I'm glad they pulled out a tough win. I don't mind being wrong when they prove me wrong.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hey at least I used a sarcastic smiley in mine. Still not happy with that first half effort, though!

DonKnock likes this.
  3. HTM

HTM Member

Doesn't bother me to be here. My post was in the context of the playoffs.... Harden has been really underwhelming in the playoffs in my opinion.

I don't hide from it.

Also, you actually did put my post about how Harden hasn't shown up in a number of playoff series in here so you opened up the discussion... you gonna respond to that or continue to hide?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm confused

Why are people making a big deal about DonKnock's short list. I thought it would be longer I only see a couple of ppl like DDakota, napalm black and francis 4 prez. CK Johnson and HTM are definitely not in the list.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Easy to see why you'd think Harden didn't show up in these games:rolleyes:

topfive, BigMaloe, tmactoyao and 7 others like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

See post #303 & #304

Don had to make two separate posts since there were too many of tgem

7. HookemHorns1250

I never have a problem with people voicing their frustration within reason.

Arguement such as "Harden suckz", "Bickerstaff was better than MDA", posts like that should have an auto ban for at least 30 minutes.

Also, the whole "Games over, we suck, will be lucky to win another game this series", in literally the first four minutes of the game is getting insane. If you honestly feel that way, please just do the site a favor and stop posting. Again, being frustrated is one thing, but as HeyPartner suggested earlier in a different thread, it almost seems the gameday thread is being taken over by posters who "by their posts only" seem to not care about the outcome of the game, as much as their current arguement they are trying to make.

Now surely... I say surely, HOPEFULLY, everyone here would rather be wrong if they are making a negative arguement if it meant the Rockets winning a playoff game, but sadly I'm not so sure anymore if that's the case with some posters.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I am. I only see a few quotes.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

;) appreciate the love as always by Donknock, idk why some posters take it to heart. Harden was pretty awful today as he admitted it himself (due to his ankle) his shot was off, and made some really questionable plays towards the end there, BUT he has was amazing the first 3 games so he was bound to have a bad game, I'm glad we pulled out the W, and look for the Beard to bounce back in game 5 and the good guys wrap up this series in 5 games.

Pen15clubber, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

You know I've actually watched every playoff game in the Harden era right?

Have you? You've truly walked away with his playoff performances? Take off the homer glasses.

Picking and choosing some stats without context doesn't impress me.

FGM/FGA:
    5-16
    11-21
    7-17
    13-28
    --------
    36 - 82 FGM/FGA

10-37 from three

that's suppose to be impressive? He has been ok in this series but he has totally **** the bed in big series like against Portland/LAC/GSW... did you think he played well??

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden does have a glaring weakness that once the opponent discovers in a 7 game series, it becomes devistating for Harden and the team. That glaring weakness is having Harden being full court press Ed and shadowed off the ball. He's the worst NBA gaurd I've seen in my lifetime in regards to making an attempt to getting free from his defender off the ball. He refuses to do any sort of running and just stands there having his team waste 10-15 seconds off the clock just trying to get his slow ass the ball. It ****s with the offensive production.

No one sees this as a GLARING weakness that has to be addressed?

I don't know how? Maybe some intense cardio sessions during the offseason?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

I like to think of it as "reverse psychology". It has worked many times in the past. (obviously what I say/think has no actual effect on the game, but I'm merely stating it in a superstitious way)

DonKnock likes this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I dont know man. Perhaps you have the rest of them on ignore?:eek:

14. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Damn dude you need a hobby better than this. Not sure how calling our bad play pathetic is doubting?

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

"Picking and choosing stats" kinda like only using FGM as the barometer like you just did?

topfive, BigMaloe and RiceRockets like this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That's the joke lol

heypartner and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Your post wouldn't have made the cut on a regular night.

18. HTM

HTM Member

So answer the question. You criticized me for ripping on Harden's playoff performances. What is your assessment of Harden's playoff performances against the LAC,Portland and GSW in the playoffs over the last few years...

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, we see it but it won't matter as long as we keep winning.

I did think that he might benefit from the bike before the game, since the first quarter is when he's most sluggish. But then that will probably tire him out too much.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You said a player that is likely to finish 2nd in MVP voting for the second time isn't good at basketball. I feel no need to give critical assessment to someone with that level of bias.