1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke: Rockets will never be on my top tier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 9, 2020.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Well, is she wrong?

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Lot of them know (Bspn mainly) they have 2 good superstars, they are getting a lot of media attention. It was because they thrashed Lakers on tv, so now its time to raise a bit of havoc on them. You know this team was built to beat Warriors. I personally think anything is possible with Houston in a 7 game series with the Lakers.

It all depends on how much Harden and Westbrook want this. They are gonna have to find someone thou to get thou rebounds. Time will tell, 50-32 5th seed is not gonna be pretty place to start from if you face Utah thou, and many people on this board are upset cause they just know how these losses add up in due time. Rockets are not good sometimes in tough situations but you never know with there back on the wall, and not having home court maybe they can come away with the wins being the underdogs... Its the western Conference, and its just so tough. It is what is thou. I hope things calm down and maybe harden can get focus a bit, and as well as team.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, not buying it. You're full of it.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who cares what 'Radio-Face' has to say.

She's a disgraceful Rockets hater

#never
    :rolleyes:

D-rock, DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this will be great on the championship hater reel

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

What else would you expect people saying when your team playing like this hot trash?

I won’t watch or read any of them.

hakeem94, Nelly and HP3 like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

fair weather media what do you expect. its the what have you done for me lately attitude that they have

D-rock likes this.
  8. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Wolf in sheep's clothing showing her true colors. Thank you, Doris. I love it when the people who call our games come out openly with their bias against our team. Wish they would just state their thesis at the beginning of each game they called or MVP vote they submitted for the past 5 years.

D-rock likes this.
  9. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

What else is new? It's predictable and meant to incite a reaction.

The optimal response is to make these experts eat large dollops of crow served by chefs Beard, Brodie and co.

BaselineFade, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Durant is best Nike champion and Durant is out for the season.

Westbrook and harden are Durant former teammates so rockets are underdogs who have not won anything or close in seven years.
    Rockets not mention among best teams due to the lack of highlights and Twitter retweeted plays or Facebook shared highlights.

The Lakers, bucks, and clips have more social media highlights.

#70 smoothie_king, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m a die hard Rockets fan but have you guys been watching a different team the past 4 games than I have to get this worked up over this?

The Rockets are a flawed team big time and susceptible to long periods of looking like a G League team playing against the Dream Team. Guys we know this... and we know they really don’t deserve to be considered “top tier” getting their butts kicked by the Magic after 3 other similar defeats.

That doesn’t mean you cannot still love the team and it doesn’t mean they still can’t catch fire and win the title in a year with a wide open league.

Also Doris is hardly the worst analyst out there. Give me her any day over 90% other network NBA analysts (ex players) who hate watch the league as Morey noted. The Rockets would be smart to stop getting butt hurt and get their sh$t together in practice in order to not embarrass themselves on a nightly basis like they have been the past week.

Easy and ronclone like this.
  12. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

[​IMG]

There ya go dorris. There ya go

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

14. lw17

lw17 Member

God, for a minute I thought it was Supreme Leader Snoke!

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

She really says "never?" Like moves or adjustments could be made to change the team.

Rockets aren't on the tier with Bucks/Lakers/Clippers right now. But that doesn't mean they couldn't be. "Never" is a bit absolute.

D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only a few people on Clutchfans don't care about ESPN Media.
    We call these people.. "REAL ROCKETS FANS"

@Os Trigonum

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. SORF

SORF Member

Before Doris became a sports announcer for the NBA, she started her career as a WNBA sports announcer. She has NEVER liked any teams from Houston, including the 4 time Championship Houston Comets. She always thought LA Sparks and NY Liberty were better. It is Houston she hates. And I agree, she can stay the Hell out of Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  18. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I mean, she’s not lying. I wouldn’t either
    Not the way they playing this year. It all starts with harden. He needs to figure out what’s more important. Records or championships

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

The fewer people on the bandwagon, the better I like it.

If any of these talking heads knew how to coach, they wouldn't be sitting on their ass talking about real coaches.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

as if it would have made any difference if she said the rockets are in her top tier. who cares