1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doris Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Mike Breen was great as usual. I don’t care for Doris Burke and it’s obvious that she doesn’t like the Rockets.

Tfor3, RustyHarden and Air Yordan like this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly i can't get past her voice. So monotone and drab it can bring the energy of the game as a broadcast down

3. pippsux

pippsux Member

Both were trash, almost felt like I was istening to the clippers commentary.

4. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I was cool with her till this game tbh. I've come to terms is us vs everybody

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

QFT. People don’t seem to get this. Kawhi and most defenders hand check across his waste and when he goes to gather they are caught in the cookie jar

highly intelligent by Harden to be that aware. It’s the same thing KD did all those years when he would rise up through a hand check and get the call every time.

some of the commentary did seem bias last night. The “turnover” where harden split the double team with no call got to me because Doris and mike said the defenders have a right to occupy that space.... but they clearly don’t have a right to both hit hardens hands and hip check him while he was trying to split it.

bj3175, Tfor3, AroundTheWorld and 3 others like this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

We were short handed-
    Lou-PG-Kawhi ALL hit Clutch shots in the final minute and that’s what it took to beat us.

another positive is we already see exactly how the Clippers are going to play us in the playoffs and we will be ready to dissect those immediate doubles on harden.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that was like some bullshhit orwellian ministry of truth crap

"i'm not sure i see any contact on harden's arm, do you see anything mike?"

it's like they believe viewers across the world are either blind or under their on-air hypnonis to eat up that incredulous dung

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't like Doris and hate ESPN in general, but this isn't a good look for Clutchfans.

I recommend all of the folks who post about Doris, Max K and Stephen A on here don't watch ESPN or watch on mute. It works wonders for me.

D-rock, Williamson and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

She is okay in general. But she clearly is a Harden hater. Last night she didn't even try to disguise it. She's not a Rockets hater. Listen to her praising Westbrook time and again last night, and taking every opportunity to diss Harden.

To me, a national commentator should be balanced, not slanted. I don't mind they praise Kawhi or PG13 or anyone on the opposing team. If they want to be positive, which commentators normally try to, they should be positive about everyone. Don't single out one player for the negative.

D-rock, s3ts, clutchdabear and 5 others like this.
  10. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

If ya'll really still think she's "unbiased" at this point I can only assume there's something wrong with you.

D-rock, s3ts, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was forced to watch the bspn feed on intl league pass last nite... btw was there even a rockets broadcast for this game?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think so. I hate that about League Pass.

AroundTheWorld and pippendagimp like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m not saying anything. Last time I criticized Doris for something, I got dumped on.

I’m far more pissed off about the ref looking right at Doc, who was calling a timeout before Lou’s crucial 3, and ignoring the coach of the Clippers. Inexcusable. The whole game turned on that, in my opinion.

Tfor3 and Houstunna like this.
  14. JackLordsHair66

Yeah it was pathetic like she looked for every possible opportunity to criticize his play and only begrudgingly would give him praise when she had to (the last 4 point play - which of course then she had to criticize later about “doesnhe kick his feet out on the landing blah blah blah, never mind when Steph or Klay do the same thing), she’s really awful but this is nothing new from this hag.

15. JackLordsHair66

That and the 4 fouls in less than 2 mins at the beginning of the 4th, the endless parade of FTs at that point allowed them to close the gap far quicker than they would have w/o that, to me that was the game and yet we almost won going 5v8, it felt so scripted at that point

Tfor3, clutchdabear and Deckard like this.
  16. BigTex

BigTex Member

She's always loved Westbrook. Never shown much love of Rockets/Harden.

D-rock, s3ts and Tfor3 like this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

And some posters are pu$$ies ;)

18. raining threes

I cant stand her voice.

Tfor3, Zboy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

She’s always been such a f’ng b****! Pinche Puta!!!

Tfor3, Zboy and J.R. like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

The whole "calling her a guy" thing is so beyond candyass. Just so ****ing dumb. For real.

D-rock, Williamson, napalm06 and 2 others like this.