1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donyell Marshall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drexlerfan22, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'll be the first to say that getting Gooden, Wilcox, Diogu, or any similar young, high-caliber player is the best-case scenario for us.

But, IF WE CANNOT ACQUIRE ANYONE LIKE THAT, AND OUR ONLY REMAINING OPTIONS ARE TO SIGN PLAYERS SUCH AS PJ BROWN, MALIK ALLEN, ALAN HENDERSON, ETC, would you give up the contracts of Sura and V-Span in exchange for Marshall?

Yeah, he's old. No, he's not a long-term solution. But AS A LAST RESORT, I like the idea of adding him better than anything out of free agency, with the possible exceptions of Justin Williams, Amir Johnson, and Darko. But Darko will end up overpaid, and I think the other two guys will have any MLE offers matched.

Marshall has legit 3-point range, is a slightly better rebounder than Howard, and can even block a few shots. Old, but better than Malik Allen, that's for sure. And if he doesn't work out, it'll be easy to get rid of him next offseason, because his contract will be expiring.

Thoughts?

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I would prefer PJ Brown and even that would be a disappointing acquisition if he was all we got to fill the PF spot.

I don't think Marshall can help this team AT ALL.

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

He was so bad in the playoffs, I remembered him doing OK in the regular season but against any kind of competition he was just horrendous, I'd rather have another rookie or someone that has an upside besides three pointers.

4. FFz

FFz Member

i would prefer someone that can at least be better than a chair defensively.

5. Barkley

Barkley Member

NOOOO!!! He's not a real PF. Why? He like to thoot that 3s from the corners and he isn't so strong athletic, he won't rebound many balls so a big NO for Marshall

6. TracyMcCrazyeye

donyell marshall=BUM

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lets get a PF...not a SG in a PF body

8. conquistador#11

Donyell? now,we are just desperate. :(

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

About 2 years ago, I would have been all over it, but now, I don't think I would even give up Rafer for him.

10. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Negative. He looked really heavy and slow during the playoffs. Donyell is done in my book.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

Donyell is nowhere near an answer for Houston. Not at all.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What could PJ Brown do to help this team? He is old and couldnt even help the Bulls last year. If he couldnt contribute on a lesser team than the rockets, why should he produce here?

13. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

No to Donyell Marshall. It should be obvious why. *Sigh* Next suggestion....

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Play post defense. Be more mobile than Yao or Deke even though PJ himself is 107 years old.

15. rserina

rserina Member

If that's all we can get, he at least can be a rotation player with Hayes, Landry, and possibly Battier. And, so long as we are not losing a player who can actually help the team, then I would not hurt us. Sure, it would be any better than last year's rotation, but I don't think it would be any worse.

I still think we should be able to get better. I keep pondering a deal for Gooden, who at least could start, and he would have the same expiring deal the following season. Sura, Spanoulis, and either Snyder or Head would make the deal work.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He is not any more mobile than Yao. The guy is so old, he could never contribute. He couldnt play more than 15mpg. THe rockets need someone who is capable of playing 25mpg at least.

17. Sextuple Double

<font size = 1>no..... f**k no :eek: </font>

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Yes to Marshall as a 3rd PF option

19. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

You want 3 pt big? Fabio before Donyell!!!

20. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

hell no, all he does is shooting 3s.... plus he is old!!!!