1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't worry, still a win-win situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Apr 16, 2012.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Why all the doom and gloom after our 4th straight loss?
    What ever happened to all those posters who wanted us to net 2 draft pick in the top 20?

Yes, I had my hopes set on us upsetting the Lakers or Thunder in the first round, but we have won either way.

I know the 14th pick is not a game changer, but this is a deep draft for role players. We will get a stronger player than PPat or Morris next year.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well as a guy who wanted to tank all year, it is too danged late to do it now....lol, it is the worst of both worlds, not making the playoffs, but actually TRYING to make it.

YIKES !

DD

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Can you find a worse scenario for the team to be in?

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

New Jersey Nets

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, i do like the idea of Royce White and Meyers Leonard in Rocket red. Hey! I do feel better!!:eek:

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I want this. Its too late to make it a higher pick now. I want this. They would severely disappoint me to make it in the playoffs anyways right now. They are not good enough to do anything there. They should take it out of players hands and sit some people. Play younger guys more often. If they win? Oh goody. Another good player in Marcus Morris. Right now we have to hope they get that pick and then draft better than Patterson or Morris turned out to be. Its still horrible to collapse though. Either way its no good. Collapse or make playoffs and fail/lose extra draft pick.

7. TheresTheDagger

You mean a team that has a superstar, a new sexy home in Brooklyn, an owner with deep pockets and a cap room to sign a free agent in the off season?

Yeah who would want that?

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

You mean the team that's only good player is leaving in the off-season, and has no pick this year even though they suck?

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Because we still are ahead of Utah in the loss column. We have the easiest schedule and if we beat Dallas on Wednesday there is a good chance we could beat out Phoenix and Utah for the 8th seed. It's too much pressure. I we would have gone 2-2 or 1-3 on that road trip like we should have we would be fighting for the 11th pick.

And to think Morey saying we have a 96% chance of making the playoffs would jinx us so much.

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

And once Deron Williams leaves this offseason, they'll have the worst roster in the league and absolutely no draft pick to show for it.

But at least that arena will be nice.

11. thekad

thekad Member

Yup.

Anyone think Dwight/Deron want to come now?

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its always been that way for New Jersey which has nothing to do with the Rockets. They are certainly not New Jersey when it comes to how bad a destination it is and losing history.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The nets are almost viewed like the Clippers of the NBA. Little brother to the Knicks. There is no comparison to the Nets and us. Two different types of franchises.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Which makes it a worse scenario to be in... which is exactly what the guy asked.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

They are not viewed as the Clippers. The Nets have had more recent success than the Knicks have had and don't have an owner that is known for being cheap.

16. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I definitely would love the idea of drafting Meyers Leonard
    Would be even better if Morey would package some players in a blockbuster trade like Scola, Martin, Budinger, Morris, Patterson, Dalembert this summer!

17. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

See my new sig

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

{empty set}

Who the hell wanted to pick 14th? There were people who wanted to pick 20+ and people who wanted to pick top-5. Nobody wanted to pick 14th. Nobody.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

More role players. Just what this team needs.

:rolleyes::p

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Once again DX's mock shows that we have the #6 pick in the 2nd round due to Minnesota not finishing in a certain range.