1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't let This W Distract You From...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Oct 18, 2017.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Don't let your "what have you done for me lately," attitude get in the way of your ability to analyze basketball games. Overvaluing one decision in a game full of them is niave at best.

s3ts likes this.
  2. Soneca

Soneca Member

Instant classic. Can't wait for the many threads to come stating "Don't let ___ distract you from ___". This one could very well be closed now, thanks OP for the brilliant insight.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I havent forgotten. What a piss poor performance by the pen

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hey OP I'll give you a legit answer .

I thought hardens shot selection could have been better ... But it was miles better than last year .

On the final possession I didn't like the settle for 3 .... I did like taking it to curry the possession before , just was a bit hesitant.

BUT , consider this ... If he doesn't settle for 3 and he drives , there is a chance he commits a TO . If he turns it over its a guaranteed win for the Warriors . So he was playing it conservative by shooting the 3.

amaru likes this.
  5. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Hey, @DonKnock, is OP gonna make the Chicken Little team, or what? Awesome win, and the dude is just whining. Whatever, I am just gonna enjoy my day knowing my Rockets just beat the defending champs in their house.

s3ts, Reeko, DonKnock and 1 other person like this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

We just beat the Warriors...opening night....at their place....after their 9 hour long ring ceremony....lmaooooo who gives af

s3ts, RiceRockets and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

harden just gave OP and his chicken lil army a bone

if he made it then what else they gonna whine about?

Drogba, Reeko and Killatron 2000 like this.
  8. Nigel Thornberry

Can a mod delete this trash thread? Who gives af about a “what if” or “almost”

It’s game one of the season and the rockets are 1-0 against the toughest opponent in the NBA.

Great comeback rockets! Btw OP is garbage

s3ts and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Our offense down the stretch was a bunch of one on one that works in regular season, however, we all know that it will not work against the better teams in 7 game playoff. Teams stacked their D to stop this and after playing 90 plus games, James is tired and those shots and moves don't work. We need better ball movement throughtout the game.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

better to take that 3 than try to drive and get hand raped by Curry because the ref's swallow their whistle in the last seconds of the game. If he made it, it's a moot point, and even thought he missed it he hustled and closed out on Durrant saving the game by delaying the shot.

#goldenstatewho?

s3ts and Drogba like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with that shot.

That was exactly what he should have done.

s3ts likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It takes a pretty impressive acumen for negativity and cynicism to turn last night into a cautionary tale.

We beat the best team in the league on their floor after their 30 minute ring ceremony (w/some of them even singing along with "We Are The Champions"). If someone's response to that is complaining about a single shot (and a decent one at that), well, that's a guy I'd hate to watch a game with. Or be stuck next to at a party. Or, heaven forfend, when the powers that be find a cure for cancer. This is a guy that lives to turn good news into bad.

If we win it all you have to think he'll find a way to complain about that too.

Rocket River, JMAD21, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Don't let this thread distract you from the fact that @ashleyem has said on more than one occasion that PJ Tucker is the worst contract in the entire league

payaso and Drogba like this.
  14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Q4 00:15.0 Foul: Shooting Stephen Curry James Harden INC Comment: CC RO SLA shows that Curry (GSW) initiates contact with Harden's (HOU) arm and maintains it after he has started his upward shooting motion on the jump shot, affecting his shot.

Just saying....

Nook and RiceRockets like this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Don't let Hardens carrying the team distract you from Gordon also carrying the team.

s3ts and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How many playoff games have you won?

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is honestly such a dumb thread. Harden was hitting plenty of step back threes over Curry and was definitely feeling it. Had he made the three, it would have been a FOUR POINT DIFFERENCE, meaning a TWO POSSESSION LEAD instead of three against the best three point shooting team. A three point lead means Curry/Klay/Durant can tie the game and force overtime. A 4 possession game means we win.

s3ts likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's fair actually.

Other than that he played a solid game. I would like to see more defensive attentiveness to his man, but that will come with more harassment from the team.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Looks like you have been voted off the island.

You got 1 "like" from a metrosexual Mavericks fan.

The post telling you that you are wrong got 53 "likes".

I am sure you will get the obligatory "likes" from cheke once his probation officer lets him use the internet again, and you will another from PeterXking once he is done watching his Jeremy Lin highlights.... still, not a good look.

s3ts, Reeko, vlaurelio and 1 other person like this.
  20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lmao @ OP's only like being a Mavs fan who works at McDs & his next reply having 53 likes. #trash

Reeko and Nook like this.