1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't let Fuller off the hook

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by chrish23, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Don't let the Texans off the hook.

J.R., houstonstime and ramotadab like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I don't really understand what he's complaining about.

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

All I'm trying to say is when teams game plan against us I'm sure CJ don't strike fear in no teams. I'm pretty sure teams dont game plan for CJ. That's it that's all.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would you think they wouldn't game plan for the guy leading the team in TD receptions who is also a mauler in the run game as a blocker? I'd think they would.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

50 something catches for 500 something yards and 4 TDs is not a number one TE production. Oh and he only eclipsed 50 yards in a game 3 times all year including the playoffs. And please stop saying that lead the team in TDs. It's not like we exactly lit it up offensively.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The point is if you are going to game plan for anyone, wouldn't you game plan for the receiving target with the most TD receptions?

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

When you have decent WRs...one with speed and one with "hands", it falls on the OC to create a game plan to get these guys the damn ball. Furthermore...It really requires an accurate QB with touch to deliver the ball on time and within the vicinity. Fuller's drop was a huge game changer, but in order to overcome mistakes by rookies..You have to give them more looks in order to get them comfortable attacking the football in flight. Fuller really needs to work catching passes this off season. Jugs machine for you...
    If Brock remains the starting QB...he really needs to spend time reworking his throwing motion.
    Hopkins really needs to improve on his route running...he struggled to get separation a lot of times this season.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Because his impact on the game isn't that big. He isn't a difference maker. I would even bet some teams prolly said we will let 87 beat us.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

CJ only got 500 yards, and he only got that many because osweiler is terrible throwing beyond 10 yards so he forced it even when it was 3rd and 20

red5rocket and ramotadab like this.
  10. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I don't care if you're a freshman in high school. If you play wide receiver and your team is down by 14 pts or so, and you are in the endzone, and you QB drops the ball perfectly into your arms, you are supposed to catch that ball. No excuses. Fuller is going to have a hard time overcoming that drop. 4.28 speed is nice but if you can't catch the ball you need to start considering your insurance career. You are not going to be in the NFL for long.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

bad hands, but we're still talking about a rookie WR. While there have been 3 or 4 lately who have made an impact as rookies, it is fairly typical for WRs to see significant growth in the 2nd and even 3rd years. He's not off the hook, but I'm not writing him off at all. He'll get better in time.

12. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks VJ. Great take. Not sure what this board would be like without your valuable input.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I don't blame Fuller that much, If i had a sht quarter back throwing int all season long. This season like the other seasons when we reach playoffs I blame our sht qb situation. Brock is sht and we need to fking draft a qb.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  14. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Ginn and Heyward-Bey say hello.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No he didn't and treadwell still can't get out of the doghouse in Minnesota

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

There you go again confusing the discussion with facts...

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So he puts fear in all teams?

CJ had a very unexpected season but those drops on Saturday were a killer. He and Griffin were a very solid duo this year. I don't think TE is a priority at all.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Griffin is a free agent. If anybody is offering him over the minimum he should be gone.

CJ Fiedorowicz is a better version of Joel Dreesen. A good blocker who makes the occassional catch and red zone threat. We need a dynamic playmaker, chain mover at #1.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So he's a good blocker and an emerging pass catcher? I'm cool with that. We can't have HOF-level players at every position. If Griffin is leaving, ok. Anderson has proven to be a good pass catcher but not a good blocker. He's an undrafted rookie. I'd be willing to bet there's plenty of room to improve. I'd also guess that they'll draft one...but it doesn't need to be a first or 2nd day pick. TE is not a primary concern.

20. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

The TE class is pretty good this year. They can probably get one with upside even in the 4th or 5th round.