1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. elainas

elainas Member

calm down, we will see trade. His stakes are highest from his draft day- Morey ganna use that

2. omgTHEpotential

Please re-read... again.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Well, I attempted to preliminarily counter this argument in my original post, but I guess I have to spell it out again. LMA can make tough shots. You just gotta tip your cap & keep trying. LMA was not taking tough shots against TJones. It was literally like me playing my 10 year old niece.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's your solution

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We should be able to get something good for him in a trade

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

My solution would have been to sign Patrick Patterson over the summer. Dude is a steal at $6M. He has the strength to at least make the LMA's of the world work for their shots. Bonus - he plays the stretch 4 on offense.

Alas, Morey was preoccupied with far fetched fantasies of the mythical third star.

Now, I don't know. I'm pissed off we went the whole offseason and didn't address it.

Brandon Bass? I don't really know anything about him.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He played good tonight at center. Something he usually doesn't do well.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Thats two good, solid games in a row. Hope he can keep it up.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo was a beast on defense tonight. One play amazed me. D-Mo was defending on the perimeter on the right, the Knicks made two quick passes to swing the ball to the other side of the court. And who was that closing out and forcing a missed 3 point shot? D-Mo.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

DMo has done an overall decent job with more PT. I hope his play can now sustain itself. After just being worked by the Memphis front court, DMo has really played well defensively and done a solid job rebounding and playing sound team defense. Always have loved his ability to continue the hockey assist. The ball is never sticky with DMo and thats earned the respect of his teammates. He had some terrific P/R plays with James down the stretch. Harden will take notice, and the more he finishes...the more attempts he will get. Go DMo...and Go Rockets.

11. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Agreed he played solid tonight. Defended Amare better than expected

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Gasp... could we finally be seeing some consistency out of D-Mo?

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

D-Mo is our rock and our foundation.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I am the captain of the Anti-DMo bandwagon...

But he's looked a lot better and a lot more consistent lately. Props where props are due.

15. Ghost_of_Akeem

I want to like this guy because he hustles and I can tell that he's trying his best to help the team but.......HE's just so ****ing uncoordinated. It's not even funny, he also has no depth perception or ability to know where defenders are on the court. Offensively D-Mo is a mess.

Defensively he isn't bad. He's getting better at knowing how to body up on opposing players just enough to effect the shot and he has a very good defensive awareness when it comes to knowing where his teammates are on the floor. He's a very smart defensive player but an equally dumb player on offense.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

D-mo is playing with much more confidence over the last 10 games. He still seems to have his scrub moments, but overall he has been a very productive rotation player.

We have been without Dwight and Jones 4 times this year, and the teams defense has been good in all 4. D-Mo deserves a great deal of credit for that. He doesn't make flashy plays, but his defensive positioning is exceptional.

Offensively he still struggles. His post game is his only real asset and we don't use it with any regularity. Without that he is mainly asked to finish around the rim and he is an extremely weak finisher. Right now that is by far his biggest problem. He often looks like a kid trying to finish around grown men. I just wish he would attack aggressively instead of trying to go up soft. He's making his FT's, so get yourself to the line. He's also a good passer, but he has to command some attention to utilize it.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The one reason I am optimistic about D-Mo's offense is that he has very good form on his shots and can consistently get very good looks at the basket.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He doesn't use his legs in his shots, it is more of a flick, which is why he is so poor at 3pt shooting - his top form is fine, his bottom form is stiff.

DD

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I had not noticed. Thanks. I will take a look.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam Perkinsesque

#80 Plowman, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014