1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas in the Chinese League

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Feb 1, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All joking aside , this board would literally explode if we

A) traded for butler without giving up Gordon
    b) signed JVG to be our defensive coach
    C) brought back DMO

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

I wonder if JVG is looking for a coaching job. You'd think an analyst/commentator job is much more attractive and far easier than a defense coordinator.

Mazulis and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Some of the same ones bashing Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss sit here & gush over DMo lol. DMo is a nice guy I'm sure, but he's a certified scrub & will NEVER be the player Chriss or Knight is. Knight's best season he averaged 19pts. DMo hasn't got close to that & will never. Why are ppl in love with this guy?

4. BackdoorHarden

Europe Larry Bird

5. omgTHEpotential

Knight is a pretty good player when healthy... Though saying he's better only because he averaged 19ppg once is a bit silly. You could come up with much better arguments. Chriss though? He's basically a homeless man's T-Jones.

6. hakeemthagreat

Chriss is a better athlete than DMo & is more active on the boards. He defends better and overrall is a better basketball player

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

DMO had a reliable post game you could go to and depend on

There is nothing reliable about Chriss

So no question Dmo>Chriss

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and he was a monster on D... he didnt blocked many shots but he hustled and knew where to be also he is a passer extraordinairre

9. omgTHEpotential

No and no. It's not even for debate tbh. Chriss is useless. DMo was an actual rotation player and was the 2nd most important player (together with Trevor) on the Rockets that year when Dwight went down with injury. He did 100x more for the Rockets than Chriss has. Are you really a Rockets fan? Can't imagine how you don't remember this.

#149 omgTHEpotential, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

No & no. The reason he's not in the league is because he can't defend or rebound. DMo has low bbiq on defense

11. omgTHEpotential

Just saw your comment in the other thread that KD already surpassed LeBron. That kind of confirms that you're a troll, or just a very low IQ poster. Either way, you bring no value to me so you're going into my ignore shltlist. Enjoy.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Stay away from wolves.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  13. Realjad

He was one of the better positional defenders we had on the team at the time.

14. hakeemthagreat

No he wasn't lol. He wasn't big enough to guard the more physical PF/C and got abused. His rebounding was also horrific. For guys who are quick to call players like Melo, Knight & Chriss trash, you seem to fall in love with foreign players like DMo, who averaged 6pts a game

15. hakeemthagreat

No. I watch NBA basketball. I saw KD embarrass Lebron 2 straight years in the finals, to the point Lebron didn't want to switch & guard him. Even if you look at OKC finals vs Miami, KD outplayed Lebron.
    2012 Finals:

Lebron 28pts/46%fg

Kevin Durant 30pts/54%fg

That's not trolling. Kevin Durant owns Lebron, especially in the clutch.

16. Realjad

You are absolutely crazy

D-Mo had great post-defense on the team, he had the strength & length to hold his position against just about every player and was by far the best pick and roll defender in the post on a team that included Dwight Howard. You are confusing good d with rebounding and shot blocking bro.

D-Mo played disciplined team oriented defense, always ran back in transition and was neverlazy in the half court... like Dwight was

You can go back to circa clutchfans to get a true picture of what he was doing at the time and fans thoughts if you'd like since it's obvious don't remember correctly.. While clutchfans bashes people 90% of the time and we point out all the things we hate, at the time we were praising D-Mo and his D.. that D he displayed was like a breathe of fresh air we needed.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/motiejunas-step-up-in-defense.260440/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/donatas-motiejunas-x-factor.260171/

If only he didn't suffer that injury :(

#156 Realjad, Oct 29, 2018
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thanks for the reminder btw
    dmo's fall is @DudeWah 's fault

Easy likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

No. He was a poor & "soft" defender that struggled against physical centers, being he was really a PF. I understand due to the demographics here a lot of y'all have a emotional attatchment to foreign players. But I can't allow you too bash our current guys while overrating a scrub like DMo. Again, DMo averaged 6pts here, went to the Pelicans & sucked there. Knight & Chriss are both better

19. Realjad

You're just being a troll and I doubt you believe anything you are saying.

D-Mo was a superb defender who did not struggle against more physical defenders. Unfortunatly, D-Mo was never the same player post-injury and so that includes his time on the Pelicans. Chriss is so far below what D-Mo was as a player, it's not even close.

I laugh at your 6 points and at the fact you mention 'emotional' attachments. It's obvious you just have an emotional attachment to the current guys, so much so your judgment on the history of the team and previous players is cloudy.

I wouldn't be surprised if you think Mike James was a superstar because he averaged 20+ points and 5+ assists with the Raptors

and

I wouldn't be surprised if you think Shane Battier was absolute crap and useless because he could barely average more points a game (8.5) than D-Mo

#159 Realjad, Oct 29, 2018
    fckbandwagons likes this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

Lol. Ur just making stuff up now. Who has DMo ever shut down? Nobody. He was a liability on defense. That's fact. If you can quote anytime I've overrated our guys feel free to post it. Brandon Knight is FAR more skilled player than DMo ever will. Marquese Chriss has more potential playing in our system. The love affair with DMo has nothing to do with basketball