1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejūnas: "I want to play, rather than sit on the bench"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstonas, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Yeah he is a rookie not top 5 pick but the guy who is hard working, passionated and skillful a lot. Morey said that team needs a spark or smth (i forgot), maybe try to search that spark in rotation? The youngsters wants to play and get a chance as nobody in this league.

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

i remember morris rotting in the bench last year and patterson a year before him..
    maybe the management are looking to sky rocket their trade value by playing them more minutes. who knows... i personally like donuts' potential.. he's damn good in europe

3. Dei

Dei Member

I actually made a thread about this months ago: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=230135

4. hahachui

hahachui Member

I love his attitude!
    D-MO!!!!! I am your FAN!

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Overloaded with what?

Two SFs playing PF, that's all we have there now.

I think if these guys were producing, it'd be hard for D-Mo to say anything about it. If every single rookie were also being treated the same then he'd feel the same way.

But seeing as how Beverly just came out of nowhere, is also a rookie, and was at least given a chance I can't blame the guy one bit.

With how the Rockets have been playing I don't understand how you don't at least throw him or Jones out there to see if they will give you a spark...but you throw out Beverly and have him replace the guy who was actually playing pretty well and hitting big shots all year. Make sense.

6. visible

visible Member

too bad DMo is not PG. if he was, he may have play time by now. all Machale think is we have the worst 1, needs consistently try new sparks of PG position or let every one who can handle ball little bit to do PG duty.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also I'm not hating on Beverly or anything, he's played well.

But I guess it would rub them the wrong way, both Jones and D-mo because they have been working just hoping to sniff some minutes and it's not like the guy Beverly jumped over was playing like trash, the guy he jumped over was actually one of the few players on the team that was consistently draining shots lol.

Odd stuff.

8. visible

visible Member

Even I like Beverly's game, but the way coach handling him and rest of rookies are really bad. it's not like players are machine. they are human and very sensible about play time. I can smell more locker room complains comming.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very odd. I at least expected to see the team roll the dice on 7' PF when small ball wasn't working or when the opposing team was just taller.

From the little, little bit I have seen of him, DMo look alike he can catch the ball and make a quick decision to either finish on the move or pass the ball. Seems like skills Harden and Lin can afford to have in a big man.

The only thing I can think of is the team being committed to having a stretch 4. But if those guys aren't hitting, then why not try a little inside out game or PnR with DMo?

10. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

The funny thing is coaching staff saying that he is doing everything OK, even tho playing more than 5 minutes once trough all season. Everyone keep praising the guy in SL, he outplayed rookies like Zeller that are STARTERS in the league. It's safe to say that Rockets was the worst scenario for Dmo to get to.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drummond has been tearing it up for Detroit. Clutch wondered if Drummond would even be getting PT if he were a Rocket. Would he be in the DL or sitting on the bench.

This is a rebuilding year. Find out what you have in your high potential players.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What makes this odder is that D-Mo can actually hit the three. It's been one of his skills coming into the NBA.

Sometimes I wonder if this is a organizational thing. As in McHale has little say if these rookies get PT. I think that the Rockets (Morey) want to keep the kid gloves on their higher potential rookies in risk that they'd ruin them or something.

I think they feel as if they will ruin their development somehow, but look at all the high impact rookies. They go out there and play, i've always felt like if anything was ruining their confidence it's sending them to the d-league. You pretty much tell them they aren't ready yet and humble them.

Basketball is so reliant on confidence too, sometimes it's better to have a player like Morris coming into the NBA thinking he's Carmelo. A guy like D-Mo thinking he can take on Dwight. If they aren't good enough they are going to be humbled eventually, all we do is just delay it and seemingly groom these guys to be nothing but role players max.

1 person likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are we expecting a Kentucky paper to come up with a story in which TJones says "I want to sit on bench, not play"?

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You're rich, sit down and enjoy the bench view.

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

These guys are nothing, but assets, assets, assets.

1 person likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

The crazy thing about this is Morris and Patterson have been mediocre to terrible, so it should have been the BEST scenario for him and Tjones. We have have 2 PFs full of potential rotting on the bench, and I'm not sure why they're not getting mins even when the team is 20 pts down.

At this point the only reason I'd like to think is because Dmorey wants to hide them in the deadline. Otherwise Mchale is really just stupid and probably needs to go.

1 person likes this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm almost certain this is the case.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donatas Motiejunas has a whole lot of talent. I wish we would give him a look.

19. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Whatever... I havent seen anythig spectacular out of him... Ive seen mike harris do more on a ten day contact....

20. carayip

carayip Member

Guys picked outside of top 5 in draft are usually groomed as role players. At least that's what most GMs, coaches and scouts think or they wouldn't be taken at lower positions.