1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don Lemon of CNN: White Men Represent the Biggest Terror Threat in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude, you say one thing and then you say no it's something else. Are you on drugs or is something wrong with you?

What is the threshhold that makes something a problem? If terrorism changes the way people behave then that's not a problem? If mass shootings change the way people feel and behave then that's not a problem? I don't think you know what words mean.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Recently, a couple of Yoga students and some Synagogue attendees and their families would disagree.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Tonights victims and their families in Chicago alone would agree.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And they wil receive justice. What could have prevented the Squirrel Hill shooter?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Things taht affect less than .0001% of the population arent big problems

Ill gladly stand by that statement even in the midst of recent tragedies

6. bobrek

According to our President, armed security guards would prevent shootings.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont care about Trump stupidity
    Dont wanna argue about Trump
    Didn't start this thread about Trump

Im asking Bobrek what Bobrek thinks could have stopped Squirrel Hill. A guy who had a record of hate. Its not an outlandish question

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And don't forget the couple of innocent black people in a Kentucky store because angry terrorist dude couldn't bust into a black church. The murderous haters (true haters, not critics or whiners on an internet forum) can't decide who they hate the most these days.

9. bobrek

Here's the thing...you say these types of shootings are not a problem. I say that when our President says that a Synagogue should have armed security guards, then we, as a country, have a problem.

I am not intelligent enough to say what we can do to prevent these problems. There are a number of things that can be done to curtail these types of problems that have been mentioned ad nauseam but nothing that will stop them completely. It is clearly your right to have an opinion that shooting up synagogues and yoga studios are not a problem, just as it is clearly my right to say that it is a problem.

In addition, before someone else says it, gang related activity in Chicago and other cities are also a problem.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Less than 200 people a year in a coutry of 325 million die in mass shootings.

They are rare occurrences. Do you disagree?

Don't wanna argue about trump dont care what he said he wont be president forever.

11. bobrek

I think when we, as a society, have to worry about when we go to worship, when we go to school, when we go work out, when we go shopping, when we go to work, that some idiot with a gun may come shoot up the place, we have a problem. I don't care how many people are murdered, when we have to worry about it, it's a problem.

Again, it's perfectly within your rights to not think it's a problem, so I am not trying to change your mind. I am just stating my opinion on the matter.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know you dont have an opinion because its almost nothing to be done. This guy actually should have been on someone's radar.

That being said one reason i say its nothing to be done is because these are lone acting idiots. We live in a free country and things like this can happen.

One issue i have in coverage of these incidents is the media coverage tries to make these occurances bigger issues than they are. It doesn't matter that this guy was antisemitic. All that matters is he is mentally ill, antisemitism is just a cover for him being off enough to kill a bunch of people

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Calm down, I didn't say it fit the definition but you have to admit it isn't far off....

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

14. bobrek

One minor correction to your statement...I DO have an opinion. I've offered it. I think we have a problem. What I don't have is a solution. If I did, I'd be a very rich man.

pgabriel likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The 24 hour news cycle makes these events seem more prevelant than they are. At the end of the day, just like the Unabomber, most of these people are just mentally ill.

Whether its Squirrel Hill Las Vegas or San Bernardino. All different causes

jcf likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

#156 Buck Turgidson, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

I do care, we are talking what’s the bigger problems that get less media attention.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

#158 Buck Turgidson, Nov 3, 2018
  19. Buck Turgidson

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, Theres no way to bring me into your world I’m sorry. You won’t even admit Pettis sucks.

#160 mick fry, Nov 3, 2018