1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don Lemon of CNN: White Men Represent the Biggest Terror Threat in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The murders committed by whites is a MUCH bigger problem than Islamic Terrorism and immigrants combines. Sounds like you're the one who's brainwashed

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Huh? I was responding to someone saying when’s the last time you saw a white person on the news for robbing someone.

Use your head peeplz!

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure anyone else has been brainwashed.

Let's say that I buy your reasoning that the murder rate is way more important than terrorism. Do you think we should stop worrying about terrorism? Should the news stop covering terrorism?

I haven't seen any candidates advocate abandoning the battle against terrorism. If your position isn't that we should stop worrying about terrorism, then it makes sense to actually talk about terrorism and who is committing the terrorism that threatens us.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

So you’re cool with black thug being stereotypically tossed around referencing innercity blacks? Good to know you are cool with racially demeaning people of all colors.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Imagine that, racial profiling is accepted now. First time I’ve seen the left flip flop.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Stop being such a freaking snowflake

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, oh the hypocrisy!

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This is too easy

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm not sure what the flip-flop was. I said before that if you wanted to talk about the statistics of African-American crime that would be fine if it was addressed from the point of view of doing something constructive about it such as increasing education spending and job training programs. It would be okay if you wanted to address it when talking about ending the discrimination in the criminal justice system.

That isn't what happened. However, I actually ignored all of that. I asked specifically about terrorism and what the suggestion was regarding terrorism.
    Should we stop the war against terrorism? Should we give up on combatting terrorism in the United States because it isn't as important? I actually ignored the shallow examination of statistics.

So where is the flip-flop coming from? This is exactly what I've stated from the beginning in this thread.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Implied but unspoken in Lemon's otherwise polemic comment is that white men are the largest demographic group in the country and those the most empowered and inclined to regulate policies combating terrorism; so shaping policies based on a particular demographic is counterintuitive and knowingly focusing on the wrong demographic indicates both a misguided strategy and possibly some separate ulterior objective.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You responded to me writing 200 deaths annually

I was talking about domestic terrorism the thread topic

Dont know or care about what you think you were referring to

I haven't talked about anything else

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Is your proposal that we stop talking about domestic terrorism and abandon the battle against domestic terrorism? If you feel that it is insignificant what areas would you rather we allocate those resources?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How is this even an argument?

Being offended by this sentiment is very snowflakey.

#114 dobro1229, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro yesterday you challenged a 2 day old post only to back down saying you dont remember the sequence of posts.

Now you're jumping in the argument of me another poster and you are misunderstanding this also.

Relax

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Did I back down? LOL.

I didn't realize that I had access to personal messages between you and another poster. I saw something posted in what I believed was the open forum and responded. I see you won't be answering.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think mass shootings and domestic terrorism have enough resources dedicated to them. I am not a person who believes there should not be restrictions on guns that beig said its not that big of a deal to me because mass shootings and domestic terrorism are still anomolies

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So when Trump moves thousands of troops to the border because he claims without evidence that there might be some terrorists in the caravan you are against that kind of effort against domestic terrorism?

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How much money and resources are dedicated to mass shootings and domestic terrorism? I suspect this is yet another topic you don't know anything about. The list is quite long.

20. Buck Turgidson

Stand your ground.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.