1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don Lemon of CNN: White Men Represent the Biggest Terror Threat in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Wait what?

You can't be serious?

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

JV

The problem is more and more. . . .. minorities are giving up on the majority seeing this point
    and changing their ways . .. at least not until it is done to them
    So . . . at this point . . . I am want the country to be as ruthless and crazed toward white men
    as they are toward other men . . . I want them to feel hunted and misunderstood to the point
    that they open their eyes and say .. . DAMMIT!! I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE MY WHOLE LIFE!!!
    I WAS WRONG BECAUSE THIS SUCKS!!!!!

But
    Alas . . . .. . . . I am sure some will respond to your post with
    Well . .. those groups deserve it let me pull out some half ass statistics
    but
    white men don't . . . its a different thing entirely

Rocket River
    My Money is on PGabs

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, this level of introspection will never happen. You might need a new strategy. Look at white rural America today. Jobs are dwindling, companies are leaving, farms going bankrupt, no tax base to do anything, private enterprise can give them only Walmart, Hollywood castigates them all as uneducated racists and religious dogmatics, nobody is much paying attention to the real pain these communities feel. They are hunted and misunderstood. They don't stop to say, 'huh, I've been complicit all this time in the systemic disenfranchisement of blacks, and now I know how they felt because I'm disenfranchised just like them! Me and my black brothers and sisters should ban together to strengthen our bargaining power to force the government and the corporations to treat us with dignity and give us our fair share of the pie!' Maybe a couple did. But Trump came along and said 'you deserve a bigger share of the pie, but the blacks are stealing it from you, the hispanics are stealing it from you, tricky foreign countries are stealing it from you! Only I can fight them off and give you back your pie.' By and large, they bought it.

BaselineFade, CometsWin, Nook and 6 others like this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

Nailed it.

edwardc and Rocket River like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, to make sure we acknowledge 2016 appropriately, they bought it not "by and large" but by just the right handful of votes in the right states. But agree with your excellent post overall.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Youd first post was incorrect because you ignored what i responded to and then said no one said what i responded to

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think I can accept that correction. We, as Americans, bought it with the right handful of votes in the right states. If we're thinking only about white rural voters, "by and large" fits -- though I'll admit it's a dynamic field and it's hard to really say which message most resonated, especially considering its a population that was already voting Republican (though they could have gone for Kasich and didn't).

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

https://www.businessinsider.com/glo...eased-deaths-from-terrorism-decreased-2017-11
    I think B-Bob was referring to small majorities in a few key states.

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I guess I didn't need to wear a costume this Halloween.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that could be possible. I don't know. I'm not going to go back and wade through this mess again.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

A white person has never robbed anyone in the history of the earth

13. NewRoxFan

Idiot, look at what I responded to before making yourself look even more like an idiot.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Only Trump is trying to divide this country — the media is objective, truthful, and impartial.

Obviously.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing that Don Lemon said was divisive.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He should have used the word jugged instead of robbed. Jugging has become an epidemic down here in houston. And there is definitely a profile.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I live in the sticks and white trash will break into your house in a second if you are an easy target.

18. Buck Turgidson

Or just say burglary, like he did, or theft, don't see the need to invent new words here.

And like @CCorn said, the tweakers and pillfiends are a property crime waiting to happen.

19. NewRoxFan

trump was elected to be president of the entire United States. The media wasn't on the ballot.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No, jugging is a very specific crime.

https://abc13.com/alleged-gang-members-arrested-after-rash-of-bank-jugging-cases/4079590/

https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...tons-med-center-caught-on-video/285-591289090

https://cw39.com/2018/08/17/pct-4-w...-injured-by-two-robbers-in-northwest-houston/

jcf likes this.