1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don Lemon of CNN: White Men Represent the Biggest Terror Threat in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Would you say that reading that sentence may have triggered you to respond?

heypartner and DreamShook like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I believe in taking a charitable interpretation of what people are trying to say, when it comes out in a clumsy way. His clarification of what he meant is what I assumed he was taking about:

“Earlier this week, I made some comments about that in a conversation with Chris,” he said during a broadcastWednesday night. “I said that the biggest terror threat in this country comes from radicals on the far right, primarily white men.”

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm VERY comfortable saying it. I walk the Earth knowing that at any moment any white person can be threatened by my presence in a Starbucks, wearing a hoodie, selling lemonade, barbecuing beef in a park, swimming with a hat, sleeping in a university common room, studying in a library, entering my apartment, presenting coupons, parking, driving, kneeling.

White people expect to be trusted. I expect that I won't be trusted so I'm forced to act accordingly. it is what it is.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you could interpret it that way. If I said that we need to do something about blacks blocking highways or murdering people then many would consider it demonizing a group or even racist.

deadlybulb likes this.
  5. jcf

jcf Member

Yes. And I'm apparently dangerous too. As are my wife and children.

6. omgTHEpotential

People over 5 ft represent the biggest portion of professional basketball players.

pgabriel likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dude, I'm sure you're a very nice person. I don't expect you to understand what I'm talking about; it sucks you aren't required to understand. Unfortunately, the world tells me that's my burden not yours..

amaru, mdrowe00 and heypartner like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, that would be correct.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black men represent NBA players

Where is my contract?

10. omgTHEpotential

Asian people represent the biggest portion of China's population.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Casually just disregard that amount like it was nothing and this is yearly, but it's not a big problem.

9/11 happened only once, 3000? died and Middle Eastern get discriminated for life.
    Terrorism is terrorism, every people lives matter and it's a big problem that people are dying from acts of white domestic terrorist that stem from hatred and racism.

17 years after 911 x 200 =3400 lives lost (give or take from white domestic terrorism), it's no biggie.
    1 incident of 9/11 = Hatred and discrimination of middle eastern for god knows how long, all of them are group into a basket and it's the biggest problem out there, cause any of them can strike any time.

But hey lets disregard the 200 lives lost annually to white domestic terrorism.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was generous with the less than 200. That represents all mass murder victims not just domestic terrorism

It represents all mass murder not just white perpetrators.

Dont know how you expect white males to be discriminated against in a white country

Finally again the point about the 200 or really less is i dont worry about being a victim of domestic terrorism just like ive never been scared to be in a sky scraper since 9-11.

I could go on and on about the stupidity in this post

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nobody, including Lemon, suggested that white males should be discriminated against. Are you talking about someone else that I missed suggesting white males be discriminated against?

14. adoo

adoo Member

#34 adoo, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    pgabriel likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did you read the post i responded to? The point is white males and islamic immigrants are different groups and comparing there treatment is stupid

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where am i standing against blacks.

Does calling white males domesric terrorists make up for the history of blacks in this country?

Miss me with your stupidity. I dont care when fellow negroes call me an Uncle Tom but at least their reasons for doing so make sense

Edit:

Being a black man if i were murdered who would i likely be murdered by.

Statistically if any of us were murdered would it be likely in acts of domestic terrorism?

#36 pgabriel, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't stupid if we are comparing how specific topics such as domestic terrorism applies to both of them. If that is what we are talking about and we are, then it is perfectly sensible.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So your first response was incorrect

Thanks

Still dont want to argue the stupid point

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We should start profiling them by race ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Liberals. If they aren't brown they are probably Jewish."

-The True GOP mentality