1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Don Jr humiliates Behar and Whoopi on the View

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 7, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am politically non-binary

2. Senator

Senator Member

He is right , the far left (all over media) is as hypocritical as the far right (small niche of media) - that's why Trumps get elected, but we need to get politics away from reality tv. It's going to get really bad for the majority of Americans if things continue.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's already bad and now Kanye is planning a run. Intelligent discourse is dead and will somehow further die.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ok Zoomer.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just want to keep calling bullshit on this AM radio / Fox News talking point. Repeating it over and over doesn't make it true. WSJ, AP, CBS, et multi alia are not in any way "far left." And Fox, the leading cable news network, and the vast majority of AM radio (with gobs of listeners), makes for much more than a "small niche."

I know this won't change your mind, but I don't want to leave the suggestion unchallenged. We could post all those tedious charts again about where what outlet falls on the spectrum but you know where to find them if interested.

edwardc, mdrowe00, VooDooPope and 2 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

YouTube and Facebook are two of the largest media companies in terms of information consumption. Both platforms are completely Saturated with hard right propaganda.

I went on YouTube the other day to look at some Rockets and RGV highlight videos and 2 of the commercials in between videos were from Epoch times or whatever they are called and the other was Prager U.

This talking point is the height of insanity and speaks to fragility of Trump voters that have been cultivated and radicalized over the past 10 years. The combination of chosen ignorance and being coddled is a dangerous cocktail to our society.

8. Senator

Senator Member

It's a disturbing trend, but the majority of the AA community has shown they don't want to listen to intelligent, articulate voices. Black college professors, doctors etc. who go against far left narratives are ignored. They want a relatable idiot who tells them what they want to hear and it hurts them. It's a cultural taboo that is hidden behind "lack of opportunity" that will never come until that taboo is squashed.

9. Senator

Senator Member

You're likely in a very old age bracket and don't know that those under 40 get a lot of their news from online and social media services. When you talk about the WSJ and AP (a news reporting service, not a national media outlet with distribution links), it reveals you are clueless about the issue in addition to outdated. If you want to talk about network channels, NBC and CNN are far more popular than the WSJ and they push very questionable narratives. Overall, it is a heavily left leaning era and within that bubble, they go with what sells instead of what would help the nation.

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

I used to get Prager U ads all the time on YouTube so I would report them as inappropriate...seemed to work as I haven’t seen one in months.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thinly-disguised Ok boomer comment

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Really?

Black people do not listen to "intelligent, articulate voices..... they want a relatable idiot who tells them what they want to hear and it hurts them."

[​IMG]

White males brought us this.........

[​IMG]

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'll certainly do that. Still it speaks to the algorithm that someone who is looking up Isiah Hartenstein highlights is flagged as someone that should get hit with the most insane hard right propaganda you can find.

The only left leaning advertisements I've seen come my way unsolicited are Tom Steyers need to impeach commercials. Which tells me that with FB and Youtube, whoever has the most money wins in the propaganda wars... which is insanely dangerous for our democracy & civil unrest. Regardless... the rights insistence on b****ing about media coverage 24/7 is either an exercise in self important ignorance, or is just a tactic to brow beat media companies into favorable coverage by pounding their fists on the table as loud as they can.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. MexAmercnMoose

FIXED...all sides homie

Andre0087 likes this.
  15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

lol

Joshfast and VooDooPope like this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some conservatives (e.g. those who were the loudest during Obama's years) think Trump is too soft for not going full 4th reich.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are we sure they weren't? I'm 100% positive they were. No Trump supporter would ever boo Don Jr. Unless they want to be trampled by Don Jr. riding on one undead skeleton elephant leading a stampede of other undead elephants and African big game. I can't imagine a Trump supporter would be crazy enough to risk that very real outcome.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You're going ad-hominem duly noted. I am not "in a very old age bracket," despite my clowning on this site. Nor am I clueless or outdated -- I mean beyond currently replying to you, which is definitely one of the more stupid things I've done in November if not all of 2019.

Dismiss traditional outlets (which feed directly to electronic and social outlets, whether attributed or not). Fine. They still are not what you claimed, "far left." Let's use Reuters (a top ten electronic outlet) instead of AP, if that makes you feel better.

Fox viewership is roughly 80% higher than CNN viewership in cable news. That's your "niche" right wing. ... but let's dismiss cable news as well. I personally watch zero minutes of it and I haven't read a newspaper in forever.

Next, sure, we can ignore the 60 million still taking in their doses of right-wing hatred from AM radio (and streaming the same programs, and their podcasts). Let's ignore that, as you are pulled to oversimplify things.

So let's look solely (as you prefer) to electronic and social media outlets. Most impact ratings show Fox and Breitbart comfy within the top 10 or top 12 -- there are many different ratings and metrics. Reuters, (traditional fact-based news reporting, not unlike the AP), also ranks within the top 10 electronically.

The Limbaugh-originated woe-as-us right wing media whining still isn't true, unless you consider facts and quotes, in general, as "left wing." Indeed, you may.

#80 B-Bob, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019