1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t Forget to Show Love

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by durvasa, May 5, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Had to share:

2. theimpossibles1

Always great to see these stories. Hope for the future.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

damn. that was nice to see.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Great story, those parents are raising a good kid.

I read somewhere that if humans don’t get physical contact from other humans it will drive them insane and that’s why a lot of homeless people are crazy. Most people don’t even want to look at the homeless let alone touch them. They’re people who’ve made mistakes just like anyone else and when they’re at their lowest 99 percent of society turns their back on them and would just prefer to act like they don’t exist. After a while the get used to this and that’s when the light truly goes out. It’s understandable why most of them never make it back.

I try to make sure to acknowledge them when I see them, shake their hand, give them a smoke or a buck when I have it. Just saying hello to them and showing a little kindness can be a bright spot in an otherwise dissmel day.

mikol13, theimpossibles1 and B-Bob like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What an awesome kid. Hopefully society doesn't change him for the worse.

tmoney1101 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Hopefully he continues to change society for the better. Off to a great start!

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I applaud the kid so much but I applaud that Dad even more. Awesome family, awesome story.