1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don’t forget China screwed over Morey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Apr 12, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't start anything with anyone.
    He tweeted a support for a group

which any American can do.

China is not his employer.

But Les Alexander MADE CHINA THINK IT IS.

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I used to think that in order to get the manufacturing productivity just right that the CCP regime was protected and sustained but I'm not sure that is the case or ever was.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hmm, unlike Morey aka "The Smartest Man In The Room" I happen to understand the fact that China is an authoritarian Communist state that was involved in a nasty political conflict with the protesters in Hong Kong. Also, unlike Dork Elvis, I realize that while the US Constitution allows for freedom of expression by US citizens, that is NOT a right that is recognized nor tolerated by said Communist Chinese regime. As such, they take a rather dim view of ANY public show of support for their political opposition and will defintely retaliate when provoked. But Morey aka "The Smartest Guy In The Room" does not concern himself with such mundane circumstances as he is above such trivial matters. It also was of no concern to him that his employer - the National Basketball Association - had a rather robust business relationship with said authoritarian Communist regime centered around professional basketball and not the concept of granting freedom of expression to its citizenry.

Now I don't know about yourself or Morey but I am able to grasp the fact that there can be consequences to injecting oneself into a political conflict with an authoritarian regime that's known for its intolerance toward dissent. While any American citizen can express political support for whatever cause they may deem fit, such an act is not recognized nor protected from any retaliation by said authoritarian Communist regime. Morey's public actions allowed the Communist regime to excercise its power and control by punishing the NBA not Morey. When dealing with a situation such as this, I've always believed that it's never a good idea to poke the bear (or in this case the panda). But that's just me.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I mean barely anyone here follows Morey on twitter

so a communist regime followed him? For what?
    So to make sure he kisses China’s ass?

screw them . If I were him I would wear a free Hong Kong baseball cap and shirt all the time

And why the hell are they following him?
    Are they following Jerry west or Vlade?

I hate how the Rockets pandered so hard to china that are at this point

free Hong Kong forever

arkoe likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I remember when facebook was newer. I got a reply from Morey on FB. My point is... he's really nice and super cool. China isn't. Need I say more?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Morey
    Hong Kong
    Taiwan

Morey
    Hong Kong
    Taiwan

Morey
    Hong Kong
    Taiwan

https://nypost.com/2020/05/10/china-pressured-who-to-delay-global-coronavirus-warning/

China pressured WHO to delay global coronavirus warning: report
    By Mark Moore

May 10, 2020 | 8:50am

Chinese President Xi Jinping pressured the director of the World Health Organization in January to hold off on issuing a global warning about the coronavirus outbreak, according to a report in a German newspaper.

The Jan. 21 conversation between Jinping and WHO leader Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus was reported in Der Spiegel, which cited intelligence from Germany’s federal intelligence service, known as the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND).

8. ymc

ymc Member

Well, a girlfriend of a Thai star who tweeted that she was styled as a "Taiwanese girl" was attacked by Chinese netizens and her bf is banned and his TV dramas were then banned by China. China is getting more and more intolerant to dissent. It is getting worse for people inside China. It is also getting worse for people outside China.

Think about it. Are there any other country that if you tweet about their political situation, you will face a backlash like China? I think even North Korea wouldn't bother to do that. However, China knew they can hurt you economically. So the best solution is to decouple from China.

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

We should boycott China by not buying their bat meat and watch their basketball league

10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Just remember this you ChiCom apologists on this board. Back on January 23th of this year, Wuhan is about to be on lockdown, but before that 5 millions of those Chinese got out of Wuhan, out of those 5 millions, 60000 hopped on planes to go to 382 cities around the world, out of those 60000, 834 ended up testing positive for the virus, resulting in a global disaster. These ChiCom bastards have blood on their hands and anyone who tried to make excuses or apologize for them is a piece of turd.
    Anonymous where are you? Hack into these ChiCom bastards’ systems and destroy these devils also known as the modern day plague of the 21st century.

#50 generalthade_03, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    tinman likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

So what if Morey got love for Hong Kong?
    So what if people love the Dali Lama?
    So what if people like Taiwanese popcorn chicken better?

A government shouldn't be attacking individuals for be indviduals
    Especially if they aren't even our citizens

[​IMG]
    @Reeko
    I realize that none of these dudes are wearing Rockets jerseys
    I think it's because

1. They are ugly compared to classic jerseys
    2. The Les Alexander Era jerseys represents China and unbelievable greed and pandering

freemaniam and generalthade_03 like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

freemaniam likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I see a rockets jersey behind the blazers jersey... I think... red and white?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets jerseys are ugly because Les Alexander and his greed lust for China has eliminated the classic red and yellow which represents Houston

Can't blame them for not wearing Les Alexander era jerseys

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Well it’s over now with China dropping that fake security law

Everyone who wanted to visit Hong Kong for their unique culture and people won’t be able to thanks to China

Good luck to Hong Kong residents

RayRay10 likes this.