1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Teflon Midget miss shots with HEART?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2009.

Tags:
?

Missing Midget's missing is mostly

1. mental

52 vote(s)
    73.2%
  2. physical

19 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does the Brooks miss shots with HEART?

37% from the field, 33% from the arc for the month of December. PG of the FUTURE? Time to trade the Brooks while still has value.

#1 Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The poll needs a third option : "T-Mac's fault"

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

relax, its called a slump

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course TMac's fault... the question is whether it's TMac's mind or TMac's body that's at fault for Teflon Midget's 63% missing from the field.

5. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I'm sorry but on this one you...

[​IMG]

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll say it again: The Rafer/AB combo just isn't good enough. If the Rockets are serious about making a championship run, either Rafer or AB must be packaged to get a decent starting PG. For the 4th year in a row, weak PG play will impale this team. Either guy would be adequate as a backup for a solid starter. Together, they fail.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Any PGs you had in mind?

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

The PG I would love to have is Raymond Felton but he wouldn't fit this type of system at all. Kirk Hinrich is coming back from an injury and I really think we should try to get him as our starter. He is a very good defender as well.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Both of these guys are available. I'd take Hinrich and send them Alston and fillers to complete the deal.

On an unrelated note, Carl Herrera's threads from the homosexual themed ones to the lame attempts at humor are just getting worse and worse.

10. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

i dont understand, i think you're trying to be funny when you type the way you do in the first post, but you forget that you are funny and you type normally in the next one.

11. durvasa

It would have to be 4-5 million worth of filler, right? There's a huge discrepency between Hinrich's salary and Rafer's. And after his lackluster season a year ago, and him missing half of this season, I'd be worried about committing 9 million a year to him for the forseeable future.

12. TDRox

TDRox Member

Me no get it. Who or what is teflon? Do you mean Sebastian Telfair? He is very good players. Very high scorings. Morey get it done.

13. Kwame

Yes it would. I've posted about this trade before. Head, Hayes, and Alston for Hinrich gets the deal done. Hinrich doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to a rookie. Bulls get rid of Hinrich's contract and position themselves for 2010 by acquiring 3 contracts that expire either in 2010 or before. Alston gives them a backup for Rose and Hayes gives them a hardworking frontline player that can serve as an example to their young bigs. Houston obviously gets an upgrade at the pg position whose salary decreases every year until his contact expires. Hinrich has high bball iq, good vision of the court, good defender, and good shooter with playoff experience. Durvasa, I understand your concern, but we're in win now mode and I'm in the camp that believes that 3 + seasons of Rafer have shown that he isn't good enough to get it done.

Also, to pre-empt those who want to compare and contrast Hinrich's and Rafer's fg%, please remember that the majority of Rafer's shots are WIDE open. Hinrich would shoot a much higher % if his shots were wide open all the time.

14. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

I agree he's a 37% career 3pt shooter without ever having a dominant big man. I think he can shoot at least 40% plus he can defend 1's and 2's. Let's get it done Morey...

15. Kwame

16. durvasa

Yeah, that's the best deal (makes most sense for both teams) that I can think of for Hinrich. I like Hayes much more than you, so I'd be a bit bummed with that deal. But if that's what the Rockets decide to do, I can't really object too strongly.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'd really be tempted to do this deal if Hinrich gets healthy. You are also dead on about Rafer missing WIDE OPEN shots. His FG% is terrible enough but it's compounded when you consider how uncontested so many of his shots are.

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Durvasa by the way, I like reading your messages on this board!

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like Rafer Alston for the month of Forever.

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Now for Brooks' actual shooting stats for December:

FG: 41.1%
    3PT: 39.6%

And for the season:

FG: 42.4% (1st among all Rockets guards)
    3PT: 37.5% (3rd among guards)

New Poll: Are the OP's poor math skills due to poor mental faculties or the physical inability to properly use a calculator?

Option 1: Mental
    Option 2: Physical